You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] UI/UX Suggestion - Auto Hide Panels

Please add the ability to auto hide control panels. Without the ability to auto hide Affinity [Designer/Photo/Publisher/etc.] control panels it is not possible to configure the application interface as desired. Currently control panels are either open or closed, without an option to put panels in a 'stand-by' state while not taking up significant screen space.

Serif *Plus applications had the ability to auto hide control panels, I am surprised this capability has not yet been incorporated into Affinity products.

With most applications I am a power user, as such I like to have all the most useful controls immediately accessible. My Affinity Designer and Photo control panels are all on the right side, most of which are very cramped, making them disorganized and difficult to use (e.g. Layers are displayed in a small window which shows only a few at a time.) I would love to incorporate the use of the Assets panel more fluidly into how I use Affinity Designer, though the current UI design makes that less practical. Several control panels are better presented with full or near full vertical space. I would group these panels on the left with the auto hide feature turned on if that were possible.

The ability to auto hide/pin control panels would provide me with the flexibility I need to configure the UI in a manner that makes me most productive and comfortable. This feature request is extremely important to me.

Doesn't fill all that you are requesting, but you can minimize panels vertically by double clicking the title, a further click makes them reappear.

Also you could consider adding a keyboard shortcut to open/close the various panels.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

I also feel the need to rollup panels/palettes without switching them off. This would make editing much more streamlined and use screen space more efficiently. Currently double clicking the panel title bar simply performs the same action as the tickbox. Ideally this change would allow adjustment panels to collapse but leave the on/off tickbox still ticked to indicate that they are still active. Is this possible?