You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Own keyboard shortcuts get lost with every restart

• Staff

Hey Martin,

I can't imagine you are doing anything wrong... I don't have a problem with saving shortcuts either. Could you give me an example of a few that you have and I'll do the exact same ones and we'll see if I can reproduce it.

I know this is a pain in the neck, but you can, at least for now, Save your settings and just Load them whenever you run the app up as opposed to typing them in manually each time.

Then... I dunno the standard name they use for loading the default shortcuts -if they read it actually from a plain text file!- but knowing it, maybe first copy that file somwhere safe so you can roll back to it easily, and then, your custom file save it with that exact name. Dunno if it'd work, is what I'd try.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

I just modified many shortcuts and AP kept them all...

But I changed many and a bug poped out. Reported on this post.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

No  idea, but could be at :

%AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\Workspaces\Photo

(the percentage symbol is to tell you that it is wherever you might have that system folder. Often it is  C:\Users\whoever you are\AppData\....

And file is called Shortcuts.xml (yep, only the starting S key is a capital). Is an XML plain text file, I don't know if would be a good idea to edit that directly....

Or maybe, from the AP shortcuts configuration window,  name your file  just wit the same name....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

did you try then editing the shortcuts by hand in a good text editor -strong advice here for Notepad++  ?

may that keep your changes permanently ? 

The shortcuts work for me, they stay as I did set them. The only difference is that I don't even went to save all as a file. Maybe the bug is there...

Really strange that does not happen to me... Makes me thing as if your folder or shortcuts file were protected or sth, lol...Hard to replicate to me , as here works nice...:s

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.