You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

This problem is getting supper frustrating.  Publisher totally would not even begin to open.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked.  I had Designer open earlier, closed it came back half an hour later and now it is opening to the start screen and then vanishing.  I tried holding down ctrl as it opened and that did not work.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Designer now... Love these apps when they are working but having to spend time every day doing work arounds and bug fixes is becoming an issue.

You need to supply more information regarding your install. Is this a new install? has it ever worked properly or is this a new problem?

Was the app downloaded directly from Affinity on-line store directly to your computer and installed from there?

Probably need to upload your log, to assess your problem, too many details to ask hit and miss questions in an attempt to determine the problem.

1 minute ago, Affinity Rat said:

You need to supply more information regarding your install. Is this a new install? has it ever worked properly or is this a new problem?

I have been using the Affinity aps for about a year, this problem started after the latest upgrade.

Was the app downloaded directly from Affinity on-line store directly to your computer and installed from there?

Yes directly from the Affinity on-line store

Probably need to upload your log, to assess your problem, too many details to ask hit and miss questions in an attempt to determine the problem.

How do I upload the log?

2 hours ago, Naomi Kane said:

How do I upload the log?

If you mean where are they, read this:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
18 hours ago, Naomi Kane said:

This problem is getting supper frustrating.  Publisher totally would not even begin to open.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked.  I had Designer open earlier, closed it came back half an hour later and now it is opening to the start screen and then vanishing.  I tried holding down ctrl as it opened and that did not work.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Designer now... Love these apps when they are working but having to spend time every day doing work arounds and bug fixes is becoming an issue.

Hi Naomi, please could you also confirm which operating system you are using and if you are using Windows please could you tell me if you use the MSIX or MSI versions of the apps?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

The msix and msi are types of microsoft download packages, MSI is the older type which is still available, on Affinity site, see pic, if you dont remember, could search your downloads for msi, see pic, assuming your user account was used to install.

msix.jpg

msicdnl.jpg

I’m a bit surprised no one offer to help yet, but if you could send the crash log maybe someone else could assist.

The path from the post R C-R sent may not be clear to you, so see pic

Send the most recent .dmp file.

IMG_7726.jpeg

1 hour ago, Affinity Rat said:

A search of your user account for .dmp should easily find the relevant files.

Microsoft WinDbg utility required to analyze .DMP files.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I’m a bit surprised Affinity staff haven't followed up on this thread.

Here is a customer having bought the universal license and cant it to work, reaches out for help from staff and then seemingly dropped, definitely not a good look.

Ball in Affinity’s court, people are watching! Potentially already lost this customer.

Not going to win me points on forum either, but so be it, someone needs to push the issue.

15 minutes ago, Affinity Rat said:

Not going to win me points on forum either

Well, you can’t be right all the time, Mr. Know-it All! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.5.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity has the ball, but wait it was kicked into the stands. Sorry folks, the game has been delayed by unforeseen events. The ball was last seen soaring out of the stadium. 

There seems to be some confusion of what happened to the ball.

A flag has been thrown, the crowds attention is rapt, the crowd is getting restless, demanding play resume. 

A hush falls over the crowd as they await for a decision, but some rowdy pesky fans are screaming, not happy with the delay of play.

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.  Affinity did get back to me via email and this morning I was able to open the app.  It is concerning that this keeps happening, I need my software to work reliably and not having Designer available for nearly three working days is not good to say the least.  They did not mention .dmp files but I also appreciate learning how tp find them if necessary.