You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour overlay modes in layer fx which is correct in few cases.

Colour overlay modes in layer fx. which is correct what recolours black and white layer beetween black and selected colour? and beetween selected colour and white. some look very similar i ask becose of this like multiply and darken looks very simialr this case. as layer mixing modes not so where is easy see difference.

• Staff

Hi MxHeppa,

Apologies but not sure I understand you question if possible could you provide some screenshot etc that demonstrate this problem?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not such what is technically problem expect founding correct feature. I try again what overlay mode is correct these cases.

Maps greyscale layer beertween

Black to given colour scale?

And which does

Given colour to white mapping?

Tool what allows mappimg speffic gradient is not suitable says memory for some reason.

As @Callum requested last week:

On 3/28/2024 at 5:21 PM, Callum said:

could you provide some screenshot etc that demonstrate this problem?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Please post two screenshots:

1. The original layer with no effects applied.

2. The same layer with a Colour Overlay applied.

Describe (a) what difference you expected to see and (b) what difference you actually see when the colour overlay is applied.

Alfred spacer.png

original layer shows fine and i want found way recolour it beetween black and given colour.
and bit hard show becouse is buyed element. but i tried found way thing what i not actually need when i can do it other ways.
And i found gradient map allows this. and it keeps things transparency. only thing what i miss but procedural textures i know is solution. mapping image beetween colour and transparency mean for example image is opaque where i i want convert black color and white to transparency and greyscale vealues in are inbeetween values. in only need

check rgb to greyscale converiso nratios (i have somewhere for ntsc/pal systems them). and also some other tricks where i can do suitalble alpha chanels. then case can counted solved even solution is elesewhere what i searched. procedural textures are indeed lot of things allowing thing even i miss better features what allows program own functions like programming language.(i mean more complex things what current possiblities allow).

4 hours ago, MxHeppa said:

bit hard show becouse is buyed element.

It seems that English is not your native language. Could you possibly post without translation? This may make your posts easier to understand.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, MxHeppa said:

i get thing work other ways what i thinked then case is solved even i cannot tell how.(becouse language barrier).

As @thomaso suggested three weeks ago:

On 4/6/2024 at 6:18 PM, thomaso said:

It seems that English is not your native language. Could you possibly post without translation? This may make your posts easier to understand.

In other words, post in your native language and leave it to the reader to discern the meaning.

Alfred spacer.png