You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When will u finally fix the terrible lagging and performance of all V2 Apps?

Please Affinity guys, I am very frustrated... V1 worked like a charme, but V2 always lagging by using fonts, layers, objects or tools.... it F**king terrible to work with! When will you finally fix this issue or give us any workaround in the meantime??? 😑

I like Affinity so much, but instead of bringing new things in any new little version, you better have work on the performance, lagging and stability. 🙏

What OS do you use, and what are your system and GPU specs, and what do you have in Settings in the Performance section?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Hofnaar said:

Please Affinity guys, I am very frustrated... V1 worked like a charme, but V2 always lagging by using fonts, layers, objects or tools.... it F**king terrible to work with! When will you finally fix this issue or give us any workaround in the meantime??? 😑

I like Affinity so much, but instead of bringing new things in any new little version, you better have work on the performance, lagging and stability. 🙏

There is a big assumption that everyone is having this same issue. As Walt asked, specs are always helpful. You never know, someone may be able to find a solution for your issue. A simple thing to try first is do a complete uninstall, and then install from scratch again. 

23 minutes ago, wonderings said:

There is a big assumption that everyone is having this same issue. As Walt asked, specs are always helpful. You never know, someone may be able to find a solution for your issue. A simple thing to try first is do a complete uninstall, and then install from scratch again. 

thanks for the answers... Im at a very frustrated point right now...

please read the forum, many people have this issues since V2 with lagging or randomly freezings by simply using fonts or the tools. On windows systems and also with apple... only with V2 apps... So it is maybe a structural problem and of how the apps were programmed.

I am using windows 10 and windows 11, intel based systems right now with fastest retina settings, without Open CL. But it is no difference with it...

I already tried all the solutions and Tips here incl reinstall, reset the apps or deactivate the Open CL and so on... nothing helped .

The apps starting very slow (over 30s to 1min.), I get randomly freezes and/or "not responding"s by using fonts and have to wait around 10 to 30 sec to work again or it is randomly lagging and not responding by using tools... 

I finally want to know when the problem will be adressed and fixed???

36 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

The apps starting very slow (over 30s to 1min.), I get randomly freezes and/or "not responding"s by using fonts and have to wait around 10 to 30 sec to work again or it is randomly lagging and not responding by using tools... 

How many fonts do you have? Is it hundreds or thousands? Be aware that Affinity cannot use Variable or Colour fonts. To the best of my knowledge fonts stored on the internet (or perhaps even any network) may not work with Affinity. Finally old PostScript type one fonts are a problem as well.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I have under 150 local fonts, no Internet fonts and the old V1 apps had no problems with any kind of font. How can a newer version of it become so problematic with handling fonts? 

Affinity startet in Sekunden und hat bei mir keinerlei Probleme, und das auf einem PC der schon etwas in die Jahre gekommen ist.

PC Win 10 Prof 22H2: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 
Installierter RAM   8,00 GB 

Laptop : Win 11 prof 23H2 AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics  8,00 RAM

Mit eingeschaltem Hardware Beschleunigung

Ich arbeite Hobby mässig täglich, mit Photo und Designer und ab und zu mit Publischer
AFph Dateien mit mehr als 500 Mb habe auch aber schon mehrere GB an Daten in einer Datei gehabt ohne Probleme!

Allerdings: Ich hatte eien PC mit Intel Processor, nie mehr einen Processor von dieser Firma, ich hatte nur Probleme mit diesem Rechner. AFph 1. war sehr langsam, nach dem Umsteigen auf AMD Processoren war alles schnell und Seid 2.4 ist alles super!

Google Übersetzer

Affinity starts in seconds and has no problems for me, even on a PC that is a bit old.

I work as a hobby, daily, with Photo and Designer and now and then with Publisher

However: I had a PC with an Intel processor, never again a processor from this company, I just had problems with this computer. AFph 1. was very slow, after switching to AMD processors everything was fast and since 2.4 everything is great!

Habe die Problematik mit AMD Prozessoren auch schon mehrfach hier im Forum gelesen. Trifft aber auf mich nicht zu. Arbeite auf allen Systemen mit Intel. Auf meinem 12 Jahre alten Notebook mit onboard Grafik läufts aber auch am Besten, was ich überhaupt nicht verstehen kann.