You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens Correction data missing or not

The Lens Correction FAQ includes the following as supported in Affinity Photo 2.3.1

Canon EOS 90D

Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM

Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C

but the Lens Correction for Canon CR3 raw files is not applied. Lens corrections for other (Canon) lenses are applied.

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

IMG_0944.cr3

Hi @QbixQbix and welcome to the forums,

Both lenses are listed (certainly on the macOS version of Affinity Photo) but for some reason, they're not being automatically selected though you can select them manually from the list to apply the lens correction.

I think someone from the moderation will need to take a look into why this is the case...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Perhaps Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C and Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015 are not recognized as the same lens?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Welcome to the forums @QbixQbix,

It should be matching this lens ID correctly as it is a lens profile that's currently supported, so I'll get this logged with the developers. Could you possibly provide the other .CR3 file which uses the 'Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM' profile so I can log this separately internally?

Many thanks.

• Staff
13 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C and Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015 are not recognized as the same lens?

Lensfun's list only lists the 'Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C' as the supported model so it's possible that this is the case, but I can't find a separate lens model for 'Contemporary 015', the devs will be able to confirm so i'll report back here if this turns out to be the case.

https://lensfun.github.io/lenslist/

57 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Opening the file in Capture One and Pixelmator show the lens correctly listed as the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Thanks to everybody for looking into this.

I have attached a CR3 raw file for the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM. Please excuse the lens test photo subject.

Affinity Photo 2 for iOS, unlike the Mac version, does not have any method to select a Lens Correction profile if one is not automatically selected (or for that matter a camera). Perhaps this could be a function addition?

Thanks,

QbixQbix

IMG_0945.cr3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Develop Persona- Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C Lens profile not identified in the lens panel" (REF: AF-2132) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2317".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @QbixQbix

The ticket relating to the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM Lens profile is still under investigation. I have updated the ticket with your report.

I am currently Out of Office, please tag @Affinity Info Bot in your replies for another member of QA to see. 

How to format a bug report | List of V2 FAQ's | Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials