You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Collection plugins not starting at Affinity V 2.3.1

I am new to the professional use of Affinity in conjunction with the Nik Collection. After the automatic installation of the latest Nik Collection, the plugins are displayed in connection with an image, but they have no function (plugin will not start). Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong here?

Technical data:
- Affinity Version 2.3.1
- Nik collection version 6
- MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1
- MacBook Pro

Thanks for your help!
Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-08 um 15.57.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-08 um 16.08.01.png

Edited by tomtom5017

4 minutes ago, j3rry said:

The Nik Collection doesnt work with Affinity beta.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't, but the OP appears to be using the 2.3.1 retail version, not the beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sorry my fault, I was outside and not aware that Serif has 2.3.1 released.

After install the 2.3.1 all my Nik/DxO Plugins are working here. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Maybe a problem with the layer. You have to select a pixel layer with 16/8bit before you can call any plugin.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Hi @tomtom5017,
In your first post you refer an automatic installation of Nik Collection 6. If so you should have a folder named Nik Collection 6 with all plugin app files (9 plugin apps + uninstaller) and if you go to Affinity Photo settings, Photoshop Plugins section and click the Open Default Folder in Finder button (on top of the panel) it should open the folder where are located the plugin files themselves (not the apps) and the respective config files (see screenshot below). Can you check if you have all these files in the respective/correct places please? If I remember correctly seems you have changed the original installation directory.

image.png