You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour selection in settings is not stored

In Affinity Apps the default CMYK is "U.S. Web Uncoated v2".
In Europe, ISO Coated v2 or older FOGRA profiles are predominantly used.

In recent years, I've manually added the ISO profiles after each update upgrade and saved them in the settings, without having opened any file. In version 2.2 of all apps, the profile is not saved. Not in the settings of the apps, and not in the settings of a file.

I've tried by saving the ICC profiles in

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

and

/Applications/Affinity Designer.app/Contents/Resources

After closing / reopening a file, the profile is no longer available.
Is there perhaps a new way of dealing with profiles?

Serif Team:
For Europe, for European companies, please add the ICC profiles. A must for pros.

• Staff

Hi @tersmuse,

Please see the below FAQs covering these issues:

We're working to resolve these ASAP - if you need any assistance in 'rolling back' to 2.1.1, please do let us know :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

The issue "Unable to correctly set colour profile in Doc Setup> Colour" (REF: AF-360) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.1.2052".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] Changing the profile under Settings > Colour is not retained if an externally installed profile is selected" (REF: AF-369) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.1.2052".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

6 hours ago, Serif Info Bot said:

This fix should soon be available as a customer beta... 

Beta version 2.2.1.2052 has been available since last Friday, so why is @Serif Info Bot saying it should be available soon?

EDIT: Also, for some reason there is as yet to post about this version in the Beta Software Forums > 2.2 New Features and Improvements topic, although there is a post here listing some of its bug fixes & saying it is "Release Candidate 1 of the 2.2.1 patch."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Also, for some reason there is as yet to post about this version in the Beta Software Forums > 2.2 New Features and Improvements topic,

Probably because there are no new features and improvements; only bug fixes. And therefore the only post was the only you mentioned that records the fixes in a new beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Probably because there are no new features and improvements; only bug fixes. And therefore the only post was the only you mentioned that records the fixes in a new beta.

But why then are there other topics in that Beta Software forum announcing other builds that (apparently) only include bug fixes, like this one for beta build 2.2.0.2005, which is referenced in the post prior to the one that records the fixes for this latest build?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

But why then are there other topics in that Beta Software forum announcing other builds that (apparently) only include bug fixes, like this one for beta build 2.2.0.2005, which is referenced in the post prior to the one that records the fixes for this latest build?

Because those were related to the 2.2.0 beta which did include new features and was a larger and longer beta.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

33 minutes ago, tersmuse said:

I don't understand why a bug that is serious for professionals is placed in a beta? Do you think about what you are doing? The apps are completely unusable, with no working color management.

I expect an upgrade right away. Sorry, but that just had to come out.

The beta is used to allow for some testing of the bug fix, to ensure that it works properly.

You can install the beta along-side the production version to get the fix immediately.

-- Walt
PC: