You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 2 newest version no "Assets" in my Assets Library

I am trying to transfer my assets from the old version of Affinity to the new version 2.0. First, I turned on the assets' library in Affinity 2 (newest version) and there are no assets pictured or a way to save new ones like the old version. Then I tried to transfer the assets I created from my old version to the new version I purchased, and it gives me a message that it can't. Also, when I look, I did the export save function and nothing but a blank sheet is showing in my file. How do I transfer my assets' library to the new version of Affinity and save my created assets from the old version of Affinity. The old Affinity is up-to-date, with the last download before I purchased the new version of Affinity. How do I fix this?

image.png.cd01f13ab001c5b1cfbc9c9b6875ef47.png old Affinity    image.png.0feb4b06fd19602680602db60107d573.png new Affinity

image.png.c6fa3c1eaac4527484fe2556f8a5779d.pngWhat is saved when I used the export function in old affinity to save assets.

image.png

Under/for which OS platform and for which Affinity app? Always mention these things when you ask questions, as there are certain differences between the platforms here!

Generally see & search after ...

... which will list you a bunch of threads with before asked similar questions, which hopefully contain some valuable answer then.

-------

Under Windows as an example the Designer v1 assets file can be found under ...

--> %appdata%Affinity\Designer\1.0\user\assets.propcol

... for the other Affinity apps replace in above path "Designer" just with "Photo" or "Publisher".

For where v2 resources can be found and do belong into path wise see ...

What you can tryout is, to reuse aka copy the v1 assets.propcol file to the v2 expected path location, so something like ...

--> copy %appdata%Affinity\Designer\1.0\user\assets.propcol  %USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\

... and then restart the Affinity v2 app in Q and check if assets will now be shown/listed in the assets panel then. If the assets are not listed, check the list of threads in the above first shown search LINK I provided for similar asked themes!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

34 minutes ago, Angelia said:

There are no categories in there. The Assets panel is completely empty in the newest Version of Affinity in Windows. This isn't working.

What I've said above is, to copy over your V1 "assets.propcol" file into the V2 resource home for reusage, did you already tried that?

Other than that you can also manually export asset categories from V1 apps via the assets panel and then reimport them into V2 apps via the assets panel. See therefor in the online help ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

If you have no Assets categories present in that dropdown in the Assets panel, you will probably have to Reset the application Assets completely.

1. Press and hold Ctrl, and start the application while no other Affinity V2 applications are running.
  2. When you get the Reset User Defaults dialog, release the Ctrl key. You may need to watch for the application icon on the Windows Taskbar, and click it, before you'll get the dialog.
  3. Uncheck the first 3 items on the list. Check Reset Assets. Press the Reset button.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

29 minutes ago, Angelia said:

Where do you find the file ....cause exporting the file hasn't worked? And why isn't there any content in the Affinity assets panel that in the newest version of Affinity 2?

I've already gave you a link for such no assets context threads (the first one) above ...

1 hour ago, Angelia said:

Where do you find the file ....cause exporting the file hasn't worked?

You decide how the to be exported assets file will be named and also where to store the file to (which location). - I'll show you quickly how to export and import asset categories (I've used here my "Downloads" directory therefor) in ADe v1. - You have to export from your ADe v1 and afterwards to import in ADe v2 instead.

This doesn't work. And you haven't answered my question. Why isn't there anything in the assets library in Affinity 2 latest version? HOw can I fix that? There is nothing listed in the search function like there is in the old version. Look at my original picture comparisons at the top.

image.png.92ef67947612029a11ba5bb8263a6249.png

6 minutes ago, Angelia said:

Why isn't there anything in the assets library in Affinity 2 latest version? HOw can I fix that?

I told you (above) how to fix that, by doing a Reset.

I'm not sure anyone has figured out why it happens to some people.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Would you provide a  screenshot for us?

1.  Copy/Paste this In the Windows>Start>Run
    1. %USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user

Screenshot the contents of that folder. It has all the *.propcol files. At the top is the assets.propcol file. Make sure the column for Size can be seen.

You can try going to the V1 folder containing the propcol files, locating the assests.propcol file. Then copy/pasting that file into the folder for V2. The V1 propcol files are located at %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\user. (Copy/paste or type that into the Windows>Run. It should open to the folder with the propcol files.

I'll try to upload a video showing how to do this

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

6 hours ago, Angelia said:

The above suggestions aren't working. I looked at the video and repeated the steps and that's not working either.

Then try out if you can generally install Assets into your ADe V2 or not. You can find and download some asset from the assets list here ...

... and then try out to import it into your ADe V2.

If that doesn't work look if ADe v2 possibly generated some crash report related to that import operation. See this FAQ where look after and to find Affinity crash reports ...

... if there are any crash reports then attach the latest here.

Here's the video showing how to copy the V1 assets.propcol file to V2.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Hi Angelia,

The assets file you provided seems to import fine for me here however it only contains the default iOS assets. Was this file your original .assets file from V1? Just to clarify are you importing the asset file via the assets panel rather than opening it via File > Open etc.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I can't download it. It is coming from V1 and supposed to be saved to V2. I don't have anything in the new V2 version in assets. Attempted to download this file and it says either it is not an Affinity file or unable to download file. Why isn't it working for me? Windows HP Pavilion 27xi

8 minutes ago, Angelia said:

I can't download it. It is coming from V1 and supposed to be saved to V2. I don't have anything in the new V2 version in assets. Attempted to download this file and it says either it is not an Affinity file or unable to download file. Why isn't it working for me? Windows HP Pavilion 27xi

Assets (*.afassets files) have to be imported via the Assets panel!

impoer_asset.jpg.fa561a97ff804c313b53d22f888ef511.jpg

So you tried and did it that way?

1 hour ago, Angelia said:

Yes that is what I am doing. Just what is pictured. V1 to V2 Affinity transfer and all I get is an error message. The files are on the iOS. No results.

Have you performed the Reset I suggested above? It has helped, and been necessary, for others who have experienced your problem.

-- Walt
PC: