You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

32-bit RGB does not support the new Greyscale preview feature

Hi @Frozen Death Knight,

Are you referring to View > View Mode > Greyscale in Designer or to something else? For me, this is working for 32-bit images but I may be misunderstanding what you are referring to here...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

10 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Yep. It doesn't work on 32-bit canvases on my end, hence why I reported it.

No problem, thanks for confirming... I only asked because your screenshots are from Affinity Photo rather than Designer so thought I may have misunderstood the issue. It looks as though it's a Windows issue in that case as this appears to be working correctly on macOS.

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

5 minutes ago, Hangman said:

No problem, thanks for confirming... I only asked because your screenshots are from Affinity Photo rather than Designer so thought I may have misunderstood the issue. It looks as though it's a Windows issue in that case as this appears to be working correctly on macOS.

I was using Publisher where I switched to Photo to preview the canvas file format. Of some reason the preview works in the other Personas besides the Designer Persona, you just can't toggle the activation when using the others.

7 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

I was using Publisher where I switched to Photo to preview the canvas file format. Of some reason the preview works in the other Personas besides the Designer Persona, you just can't toggle the activation when using the others.

Ah, okay that makes more sense now...

I agree you can't toggle the activation off in either Photo or Publisher since the Greyscale and no FX view mode options are Designer only features, i.e., the options don't exist in either Photo or Publisher so there are no options to toggle the features off...

I suspect this is by Design but I could be wrong, hopefully someone from the moderation team can confirm... It would seem practical if these features were added to both Photo and Designer as well... :)

• Staff

The issue "(Win) Greyscale view mode does not work wit RGB/32 colour format" (REF: AFD-6704) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1900".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.