You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add a new page after every page in Publisher?

Is it possible to add a new page after every page in a Publisher document?

Say for example that I have a document with 100 pages and I want to add a new blank page after each of those 100 pages (in one go!), so that I end up with 200 pages where every other page is blank?

No, that is not possible today.

Perhaps, when scripting is implemented sometime in the future, it will be possible.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, AdrianB said:

Say for example that I have a document with 100 pages and I want to add a new blank page after each of those 100 pages (in one go!), so that I end up with 200 pages where every other page is blank?

Easily done with the proper use of Master Pages.

Make your document with linked text frames on Master Page Double Page and name the text frames Left Text and Right Text Make a new Master Page, named One Page Blank with only one text frame named either Left Text or Right Text.

Apply the One Page Blank Master page to all pages and choose Migrate.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Old Bruce  I have to be a complete idiot, but I have tried and tried and cannot make this work.  When I "Migrate" nothing happens.  I have tried with a new blank document, presuming that the text flow would change once I started typing in text in the facing pages, and then with one with filler text already placed in the facing pages.  Also, how do you "name" a blank text frame in a Master Page?   At this point, I am stumped but determined, although I don't actually have a use for this.  At least not now.  But who knows when it could be very useful. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

how do you "name" a blank text frame in a Master Page?  

In the Layers Panel, if they are unnamed I figure there is a very good chance of things going wrong. Here is a small document. I applied the Left Page Blank to two spreads using the Pages Panel, then I applied Right Page Blank to two more spreads in the Pages panel.

Adventure 04.afpub

I don't actually have a use for this.  At least not now.  But who knows when it could be very useful. 

I use this technique with spreads that will need a standard size (and location) Picture Frame on some spreads. In my opinion naming everything on your Master Pages is essential, and a basic "Best Practice".

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

@Old Bruce  Thank you so much.  Stupid me.  I didn't think of "naming" in the Layers Panel.  Which just goes to show that I wasn't thinking.  And speaking of naming layers, I really like the new Rename Layer shortcut in v.2!   I will get into this again after I finish struggling with "Hide my Email" with Apple.  All one has to do is try something out that one subsequently decides one doesn't want to use and one is permanently stuck with the darned thing.  At least as far as the Wall Street Journal is concerned.  They were unamused.

But that isn't a Forum problem.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

@Old Bruce  Works like a charm when one has a clue to what one is doing!!!   Thank you so much for the sample file.  I had misunderstood and had made the second Master page a single page, rather than a facing page.   For starters.

I hope you don't mind, but I have saved your file as a template, so in case I am up the creek again, I can paddle to shore!  Thank you again.

I hope you don't mind, but I have saved your file as a template, so in case I am up the creek again, I can paddle to shore!  Thank you again.

No problem using it as a template.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:06 PM, Old Bruce said:

Easily done with the proper use of Master Pages.

Make your document with linked text frames on Master Page Double Page and name the text frames Left Text and Right Text Make a new Master Page, named One Page Blank with only one text frame named either Left Text or Right Text.

Apply the One Page Blank Master page to all pages and choose Migrate.

Oh, so basically you temporary make it facing pages with a proper master page and then turn off facing pages again… 🤔 Yeah, that might work, I'll keep that in mind if I stumble upon it again, thank you. This time I solved it by re-generating the document with the extra page added in the template (was using a data source to generate the large number of pages).