You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2.1.0 AP Bug: Export Dialog Preview Zoom not working anymore with ⌘-Key

After some playing around I think this is cause by one of the various number boxes having focus and not giving up that focus.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

After some playing around I think this is cause by one of the various number boxes having focus and not giving up that focus.

You are right, typing ⌘1 will enter 1 into the input field which currently has focus. 

11 hours ago, Lee D said:

We have this issue logged...

Is this issue about how (pretty much) all the number boxes all throughout the three applications have no method of giving up focus by using the Enter, Return, or Escape keys? Makes using the software frustrating and tedious, plus increases the chances for user error, forced by the GUI.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

This is a really unpleasant error which makes the export almost unusable. You can only reduce the canvas to see the approximate preview of the finished image.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

1 hour ago, j3rry said:

This is a really unpleasant error which makes the export almost unusable. You can only reduce the canvas to see the approximate preview of the finished image.

Surely you mean that export's function preview is almost unusable. By the way: The workaround using ⌥ mouse scrolling works for jpeg export but not for pdf-export, very strange.

@Lee D: In my opinion, the preview should be offered as an option like before V2.1 , and then as a separate window view with suitable controls for zooming. I do not need the preview at every export.

1 minute ago, Haffinity said:

Surely you mean that export's function preview is almost unusable. By the way: The workaround using ⌥ mouse scrolling works for jpeg export but not for pdf-export, very strange.

You are right, only the preview function. Your workaround was helpful but is not a solution...

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

This posted may help to clarify the now expected behaviour for zooming the export preview... i.e,

"The expected behaviour for the Export preview window is that only Raster Formats should be zoomable."

"The Vector formats being zoomable at all in the export preview is a bug."

However, currently in v2.1 there is a bug where the first width text entry box has focus for raster formats meaning the keyboard shortcuts Cmd +/- don't work but Alt Zoom does, again for raster file formats...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse