You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to update from AD V1 to AD V2 but does where I purchased V1 matter for updating to V2? I may have purchased it from Apple.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

51 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I want to update from AD V1 to AD V2 but does where I purchased V1 matter for updating to V2? I may have purchased it from Apple.

I think you may upgrade from Serif's web store, or MAS (apple store). Upgrading is different than Updating. What you're asking to Update from V1 to V2 is not possible, that is an UpGrade. Updates fall within the same main Versioning, ie; Affinity Photo or Designer or Publisher V1.xxx

Upgrade is when you purchase the next main version, in this case V2.xxx You must purchase a new Upgrade. The UpDates are provide free.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Affinity V1 (Initial Purchase)
    • V1.1 (update - Paid for when you bought V1)
    • V1.2 (update - Paid for when you bought V1)
      • V1.2.1 (update - Paid for when you bought V1)
    • V1.4 (update - Paid for when you bought V1)
  • Affinity V2 (Upgrade To Pay For Further Development & Keep The Devs Stocked With Cuke - "It's Heaven in a can;))
    • V2.0.1 (update - Paid for when you bought V2)
    • V2.0.4 (update - Paid for when you bought V2)
    • V2.1 (update - Paid for when you bought V2)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

does where I purchased V1 matter for updating to V2?

No. As others have pointed out, you would be purchasing an upgrade. As with DrawPlus back in the day, upgrades are paid for but updates (i.e. point releases) are free for existing users.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 hour ago, jackamus said:

We're glad to hear you're interested in upgrading!

Provided that this Apple App Store purchase was registered with your Affinity account previously, you can claim our 25% off upgrade offer here - 

https://affinity.serif.com/store/upgrade-offer/

I hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, Ron P. said:

I think you may upgrade from Serif's web store, or MAS (apple store). Upgrading is different than Updating. What you're asking to Update from V1 to V2 is not possible, that is an UpGrade. Updates fall within the same main Versioning, ie; Affinity Photo or Designer or Publisher V1.xxx

Upgrade is when you purchase the next main version, in this case V2.xxx You must purchase a new Upgrade. The UpDates are provide free.

Sorry a terminology problem. Yes I want to Upgrade.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

40 minutes ago, Dan C said:

We're glad to hear you're interested in upgrading!

Provided that this Apple App Store purchase was registered with your Affinity account previously, you can claim our 25% off upgrade offer here - 

https://affinity.serif.com/store/upgrade-offer/

I hope this helps :)

LOL I tried this but Affinity won't recognise any of my email addresses. So I need to be able to access whatever I'm registered with in Affinity. Would the fact that I bought from Apple in the first place make a difference to my details with Affinity?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

Sorry to hear that - your Affinity ID (email address) is not dependant on the original purchase method, as any email could be used to create an Affinity account.

If you're having trouble locating your Affinity account, please email affinity@serif.com and our service team will be happy to help - as I wouldn't want to ask for any personal information in a public forum :)

• Staff

Unfortunately this isn't available on the Affinity Store website at this time, you may wish to email our service team (affinity@serif.com) to see if this is something they can provide directly - though I cannot offer any guarantees of a discount for a singular app, my apologies!