You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 Batch Job without WEBP export

Hello, I am glad to see that Photo 2 can now save WEBP formats. Yesterday I had a lot of images to convert, but unfortunately there is no WEBP format to choose from in the batch job export. The dialog is unchanged from V1, so I went back to using XNVIEW MP. This does a good job.

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, wheeleran said:

is there any particular difference with XnView, or is that just an all-in-one?

I think, there ist no difference in converting images. I don't use XnConvert.

XnView (I use XNVIEW MP) is a all in one Solution, a photo viewer, image manager, image converter for all plattforms (Windows, MacOS and Linux).

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

thanks, nice to know. still can't solve my problem, which is why i'm trawling the forums: any webP i create in Affinity shows only the default 'Open With' program icon, in my case the microsoft Edge browser icon. I'm on Windows 11. any webP i download from the internet renders the image thumbnail correctly, but not Affinity created images. any suggestions? i've installed the google codec, i've deleted the thumbnail cache, i'm out of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, wheeleran said:

XnConvert works well, and the quality is good.

It depends, XNviewMP's version 0.94.3 (...it's latest version for MacOS 10.11.6 - El Capitan) cores exactly on webp format files, it can't correctly show, preview and handle those!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

39 minutes ago, 2ddpainter said:

There are also free and paid macro recorders out there.
With these, you might be able to do the same from Affinity Photo 2.

You seem to have misunderstood the problem.

Affinity Photo 2 already has built-in batch conversion capabilities.

What is missing is the ability to export files in the WebP format.

You can't use an external macro utility to automate telling the program to do something that you can't manually tell it to do.

I am grateful for some alternative but ultimately we would love to see that inside of Affinity. WEBP format is supported, batch job is there - all we need is adding that webp format as an option in batch job. Would really be very helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi - I'm pleased to say WebP and JPEG XL are now available from batch export in the 2.1 beta as below. If you want try it out in the beta you can sign up to our beta program here.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2