You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Applying a Mesh/Warp to a Pixel Layer? Designer V2

I can see how to do this, only nothing is happening (to the pixels)

I can see the object/boundary box warping, but the pixel content inside remains the same. Same happens with images layers. 

Maybe I'm not doing it right but I'm wondering right now: What is the point in this feature if it only seems to change the shape of the object? I can just change the shape of the object with the node tool then

Just trying to take a pixel layer on a road that disappears into the horizon and apply a grainy effect and then warp it into the shape of the road so the textures on the road get smaller the farther back into the horizon the road goes

The Warp Group functionality in Designer doesn’t currently affect Pixel/Image layers.
It has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums that Serif would like this to be extended to include bitmap layers at some point in the future.
If you need to warp a bitmap layer then you need to use Photo.

Note: The Warp Group is non-destructive, whereas using the Node Tool is destructive, and it would take a lot of time to do, for example, a perspective warp of text with just the Node Tool.

If you want to warp pixel layers, you can do this in Photo (not in Designer).

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

1 hour ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Copy That

No need to copy anything. Just go File > Edit In Photo. Add whatever you need. Then back to Designer the same way.

(Or am I lost in translation? As in: "copy that" = "understood!"…? :))

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

What's our vector Victor? [quote from the movie Airplane emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:36 AM, loukash said:

No need to copy anything. Just go File > Edit In Photo. Add whatever you need. Then back to Designer the same way.

(Or am I lost in translation? As in: "copy that" = "understood!"…? :))

I didn't find that this worked.  Editing in Photo then either copy/pasting to Designer or File>Edit in Designer - gave no change.

21 minutes ago, D.E. Main said:

I didn't find that this worked.  Editing in Photo then either copy/pasting to Designer or File>Edit in Designer - gave no change.

What exactly were you trying to accomplish?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

On 12/8/2022 at 12:36 PM, loukash said:

Just go File > Edit In Photo. Add whatever you need. Then back to Designer the same way.

42 minutes ago, D.E. Main said:

I didn't find that this worked.

A quick example – added Warp Group on text in Designer, added Live Perspective on placed image in Photo, back in Designer:

ade2_warp_aph2_perspective.png.e5e657ace6685fcb48fec1ba09e50804.png