You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3-D Secure Authorization and how to do it?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @nandav.

One of the Serif Staff will be able to provide more information, but from what I understand you use a modern browser (which ones have you tried, and what version of the browser?), and you must not have anything set to block pop-ups, and you must not block JavaScript. So if you have any extensions that do that, turn them off. Or if you have any browser configuration that blocks either of those, turn that off, too.

They have previously mentioned that the Honey extension has been known to cause problems.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

In addition to what @walt.farrell has told you, I believe your payment provider also has to be set up to work with and accept 3D Secure Authentication.  

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff
Here's a link to post covering failed payments.   Can I also suggest making sure you have cookies enabled for our site and that your browser is up to date, or trying again with a different browser.  

If you still need help with this issue please email affinityorders@serif.com

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/153756-payment-failed-to-process-and-its-taken-my-money-what-can-i-do/  

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Isabel Alvarez said:

I can't figure out how do download Affinity V2 because of the 3D secure authorizaton. I have MacOS Monterey. Please help me or a phone Number in USA that I can Call and talk to someone. Thanks...

The 3D Secure process is mainly what you call a "2FA" : 2 factors authentication. This means you do have to follow a process to setup a second device as a "trusted device" (generaly your mobile phone/smartphone) with your bank, prior to any payment of that type. Once that done, your chosen "trusted device" will act as a "second key": you will be prompted to use it with the defined authentication process (FaceID for iOS, for instance, or a key-code to insert in an input field...) when some payment is requested to your bank from a third-party (a website mainly).

Hope this helps to understand.

Best regards.

Edited by Graphseb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Isabel Alvarez

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I can see that you also emailed @Adam about this back in November (and PM'd a member of the QA team). Did you ever sort this out? If not can you please email Adam back on Affinity@serif.com thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon