You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete button on iPad

After using Affinity designer 2 for the past day on my iPad I have discovered I am really missing the delete button that was in the older version in the lower left corner. It has really slowed down my workflow having to go up to layers to delete something. Without a keyboard this button is essential. The extra taps really add up. 

4 hours ago, Smattern patterns said:

It has really slowed down my workflow having to go up to layers to delete something.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

They are planning to make a change, but in the meantime, you can long-press in the workspace, or 3-finger swipe down, to expose a toolbar with Delete on it. You do not need to use the Layers studio.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...

glad I'm not the only one who've noticed it. It's the most noticeable change for me also in terms of slowing down workflow. I used to draw with the right hand and quickly delete with a tap with my left hand. didn't know you can hold the + button to delete. will try it later. but even tap + hold, takes more time than just a quick tap. 

Would love to see a way to adjust the workspace and customize the UI / toolbars in the future. 

1 hour ago, Artsketch said:

There are users that prefer the pencil instead

You can perform the swipe-up deletion using the Pencil. It doesn't require a finger.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

2.0.3 iPad betas now available here (Photo coming soon) https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/62-ipad-beta-forums/

Trash can is back ;) command controller toggle has been demoted to burger menu.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• Staff

Hi @regedy1,

In Affinity V2 iPadOS apps, you can enable the undo/redo options under Preferences > User Interface, which will show these buttons on your toolbar.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!