You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still can't activate license! Programs stopp starting.

DarkClown

And from today on the apps (all of them) won't even start any more after your system is not able to activate the license for a couple of days. The error message changed and it seems you deliberately want to punish customers by preventing starting and accessing the program despite the fact they already bought the product. This is more than upsetting! And I don't think it's customer friendly at all. Please help me to get the activation of the license done asap!

I deactivated Windows defender (not using other firewall sw), but the problem remains!
I tried to activate the license from a different computer with win 10 instead of win 11, but the problem remains!
I tried using a different network, but the problem remains!

Maybe there is something wrong with my account - but in this case someone internally has to look into it.

Where is the technical support I'm supposed to contact??

Designer_tWpWyvDVfh.png.d778128ba9c074c448f724ae1997ef12.png

Fact: I NEED SUPPORT NOW (well aware that you are currently fighting an overload of support requests). Why can't all V2 versions connect to your server? PLEASE HELP!

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

@DarkClown
ouch, hope the staff can help you!
I think it would be best to put this (annoying account/license) issue into the customer service category or maybe even write a direct email?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/51-customer-service-accounts-and-purchasing/

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

Jep, it's really nasty ... tried it on the forum for some days but this seems to be an idividual problem without priority. So I send them an email.

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

17 hours ago, DarkClown said:

Jep, it's really nasty ... tried it on the forum for some days but this seems to be an idividual problem without priority. So I send them an email.

Hi @DarkClown,

no, it's not an individual problem, I have the same issues with the trial universal license. First all applications are unable to connect, but are still working "as a gesture of goodwill", and some days later every application stops working. I signed up for the license via Affinity store.

Things I checked:

• Verified my credentials, they work. Wrong credentials cause different errors.
  • Reviewed my license inside Affinity store to make sure it exists.
  • Switched off Windows Defender, no difference.
  • Made sure that there's no other firewall which would restrict. All other installed applications, all other apps on other devices don't have connection issues.

To the Affinity staff: that's the worst kind of publicity you can be responsible for. Your apps are great, but those circumstances with not being able to login and applications stop working completely (!) is a no-go. And the fact that customers are being left with their problem raises fears that it would happen again and again, f.e. when support ends, due to release of V3. 

Please take actions to solve this problem as fast as possible.

That's good news (I'm not the idiot) ... And bad news: this is indeed a worst case scenario that should be handled with highest priority. I set up three posts in the forum and send an email to support. They promised to answer within 24h what - of course - did not happen. I'm aware there is a lot of support traffic but I only see moderators responding to problems related to (partially not even) customers that already can use their product. And the worst nightmare is indeed the unbearable fact that they deactivate a bought product after a couple of days. I have no clue what's going on in their mind! I'm really furious...

Here in Canada there is no problem, ithe problem is probably in some parts of the world,

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Hey DarkClown, 

Sorry in the delay, we are still playing catchup and trying to prioritise those who can't even run the apps (like yourself).

It's possible that you are unable to connect to the api URL (affinity.api.serifservices.com) so make sure you don't have any firewalls or defenders blocking you.

We saw a similar issue with another customer who claims changing the account password worked. It's unlikely but worth a shot. 

Finally, are you using any password managers? If so, try disabling them temporarily, change your account password and enter it manually.

Hi Chris, thank you for your reply!

I'm not using password managers and already deactivated all firewalls as described above.

But changing the password for my account did the trick! So finally my license got activated and the programms start again as expected. Maybe your system is struggeling with some special characters. I used a  ' as one of my password characters what might lead to confusion on some systems. If this was the problem you should exclude this as a valid character for password entry on your website.

Cheers, Timo

• Staff

Hey Timo,

That's great to hear. I'll get the team to investigate that. It seems as though that may have been the likely cause... we will do some further testing. 

Edit - saying that, I use special characters in my password but not the ' so that's perhaps what we need to be testing - extended special characters.

I experienced problems with the ' on other platformas as well. Seems like some server interpret the ' as a part of a control sequence what causes trouble in passwords. I'm not aware of any other special character causing such problems.