You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

States Panel for Affinity Designer and for exporting

For those who don't know what is the states panel, you could watch the official video instruction by Serif. 

1. the states panel in Affinity Photo could record the layer hide/show state of the whole document. It's also unspokenly useful in Affinity Designer.

2. the states panel existing in Affinity Photo can't be used when in Export Persona. If we could switch between various states when exporting, it will save quite a lot of time. e.g., this usage I mentioned in the past

3. adding built-in system variable in export-properties for quick referencing when configuring custom filename.

image.png.7eb61e26446f8cc8b1cbe98c9368fa7a.png

I also want to use the "Layer States" feature in the Designer👍

For me, I use much more layers in the Designer than in Photo - It would be a great enhancement here. And I have no clue, why this feature is limited to only one app.

Even worse, it forces me to use other workflows only because I edit vector graphics instead of pixels. I hope Affinity is working on a more consistence user experience across their three apps.

Anyway... thanks for the new States feature in Affinity Photo!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi All,

We have now added the States panel to both Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher in the 2.4 beta which is available now. We do intend to expand on this functionality to integrate with export, though that will be in a future update. More info is available here:

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

• 1 month later...

Yes, I just updated and states in designer is great but I really hoped to be able to export each state as a separate file from export persona, this needs to happen.

Just as an example, I have an estate agent sign that has a custom URL and QRcode on each sign linked to a specific website page for the property (We print 20 or so for use) and so the same sign but with a slight change in a URL and QRcode. I set each state which is great but still have to export each of them one at a time which is not so great.

1 hour ago, SpinDreams said:

but I really hoped to be able to export each state as a separate file from export persona, this needs to happen.

As stated, that is still to come in a future update:

On 1/9/2024 at 8:06 AM, Ash said:

We do intend to expand on this functionality to integrate with export, though that will be in a future update.