You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating an artboard and disabling it afterwards

¿Is it possible to create a new document with an artboard, make the work, and then disable the artboard to get back to the simple page mode, not losing the work?

The reason to this is that it might be desirable to make a design using the pasteboard feature an artboard offers, but at the end export it with bleeding, wich currently does not work with artboards.

Thanks!

By the way, i find the way you're thinking the artboard subject really great.

Regards;

Val

• Staff

Hi Valentin,

At the moment it isn't possible to go back to a standard white document once you had created and started using an Art board.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Well, I don't know if it is possible, but at least it doesn't work for me. There's an example: in the first document, I've created an A4 document (no artboards), drawed a circle object and a text and placed them partially outside the canvas; then I've set the document's bleeding to 10mm and exported to PDF with the bleeding box checked. In the second, I've repeated the procedure but starting with an artboard-created document (same settings, plus the 'create artboard' box checked). Bleeding appears in the first, but not in the second.

prueba1.pdfprueba2.pdf

Thanks, MEB, that's what I thought. My question was only to figure a workaround.

MBd, thanks for the interest. What I need with bleed is my design exceeding the crop marks. As in your pdf there's nothing in the borders, I cannot know if the bleeding is acting properly or not; but as MEB said, this is something yet to be implemented.

Thanks again to both;

Val

• Staff

The crop marks are just that. They are there to help you trim the document after printed. If you have an object that's aligned with the boundary of the document, when you trim/cut (using the crop marks as reference) it may leave a thin margin of the background visible on the edge if you are not careful. The bleed ensures the printed area extends a little beyond the document boundary, to ensure you never see the background if the trim/cut was not exact.

• Staff

Just to confirm what Miguel is saying, bleed is currently not working for artboards... I have a version which does work but it is more than a small change and would be too risky to enable at this stage - but I'll put it in after we launch the update. It interacts with a few things and needs a different shader to make it draw to the screen, so it would invalidate a lot of testing and we wouldn't know the safety of the change until it was too late. It's coming soon though :)

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.