You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flipping a second layer flips BOTH?

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

its greyed out.

Make sure you have the layer selected in the Layers panel, it's not locked, and you have the Move Tool selected

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

19 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

It does the same if I use arrange -  flip

Your thumbnails show the top layer is flipped horizontally

Have you solved that issue?

Is there another issue you want help with?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I really don’t see what the problems is.
Your earlier screenshot showed two differently-oriented images, which is what it sounded like you wanted to do, and your next two screenshots seem to show the same thing as each other so I don’t know what you are trying to show us.
Is there something I’m not seeing?

It works fine for me. Flipping the document does it for the document, i.e. all layers. Using the Move Tool and arrange just does the active layer. Not sure what you are doing. If I have both layers selected they both flip with the Move Tool, even  the locked one. Maybe there is a problem there.

27 minutes ago, Patrick Bell said:

Here is the same layer after arrange - flip and also the base layer with child layer not selected - same fwiw

Your screenshot doesn’t show any child layers. It shows the original Background layer (which is selected but locked) and a copy of that layer which is unselected and hidden.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)