You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm still running into this issue.

I'm making profile pics.

The el2021-11-01.thumb.png.b1929231276d6f7b3ad0ebdf4c87b7d8.pnglipse is 180px x 180px

I am using the artistic text tool to place a name inside.

Whyyyyyy?

THIS HAPPENS WITH EVERYTHING I PUT IN A PROFILE PIC.

I used to make profile pics with no issue.  Now?

KATVALDAY2021.png.39ce1d978994cc2115b8d4f8d99d6864.png

Help with this would be appreciated.

47 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

I used to make profile pics with no issue.  Now?

Your zoom level is 500%. Change it to 100% for a representative view of the end result.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

17 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Your zoom level is 500%. Change it to 100% for a representative view of the end result.

1771113694_2021-11-01(1).thumb.png.263984608c433c16fcc928d60930ccc1.pngStill pixelated.

It's odd that folks keep talking about the pixel size and zoom but that was never an issue before.  when I uploaded the profile pic it was fine...  Now?  Nope.

Photo always shows the image in Pixels, and you can’t change that accidentally or otherwise, so anything you were working on in Photo would have looked pixelated if you zoom in.
See my attached image of your previously ‘non-pixelated’ image as seen zoomed-in.
In your second screenshot image I can’t tell which document you are editing, is it the “KAT -black” or “Pumpkin shades” one?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 122843.png

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Photo always shows the image in Pixels, and you can’t change that accidentally or otherwise, so anything you were working on in Photo would have looked pixelated if you zoom in.
See my attached image of your previously ‘non-pixelated’ image as seen zoomed-in.
In your second screenshot image I can’t tell which document you are editing, is it the “KAT -black” or “Pumpkin shades” one?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 122843.png

All of the Halloween images (banner and profile pics) came out pixelated when returned to 100%.  Look above.  "Kat" versus "LOVE" (look at "Kat" at 100%)...the Kat is still pixelated.  LOVE is not.

15 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

Still pixelated.

Still not displayed at the 100% zoom level.

CD6A44E5-E99F-4F59-8ABF-399C9EC29F02.jpeg.81967f3db0627fe266d5a1251ebc6d23.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

Look at the "LOVE" profile pic above...done a year ago...same size 180 x 180.  NO PIXELIZATION.

This is what I see when I zoom in:

62C4A936-381A-4D9D-ADF6-02D8176866B0.jpeg.81b4c1d94e928b9a3bf8579dc80cdb00.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

1771113694_2021-11-01(1).thumb.png.263984608c433c16fcc928d60930ccc1.pngStill pixelated.

It's odd that folks keep talking about the pixel size and zoom but that was never an issue before.  when I uploaded the profile pic it was fine...  Now?  Nope.

Because you have not set the zoom level to 100%

18 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

1771113694_2021-11-01(1).thumb.png.263984608c433c16fcc928d60930ccc1.png

Still pixelated.

Alfred said change zoom to 100% you are viewing at 150%, so yes it will still look pixelated

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Unless your image was specifically designed to be seen nicely at different sizes you will always have some issues when you resize or zoom them, up or down from 100%.
Software, Photo or web software, or whatever, has to squeeze or stretch the pixels in the image into the space you display it in and that will cause it to look different.

7 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

I have so many folks notice the issue (at profile pic size.  Why are they seeing pixelated thumbnails too (if pixelization is only at zoom)?

Can you point us to one of the pixelated profile pics that folk are mentioning to you?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I appreciate the input.  It's just extremely frustrating.  I understand that you will see pixelization when zoomed.  That is not my issue.  My issue is the finished product.  I have never had folks comment on pixelization of Facebook banners and profile pics.  Never.  Now they do.  Heck, folks make them in CANVA with no effort.  I used to make them in Affinity with no effort.

Again...it's not the zoomed look...it's the finished product.  

Maybe I need new glasses, but I can't see anything amiss with that image you have just posted. Where are you seeing pixelation?

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

10 minutes ago, Nita Reed said:

53219795_DENISESHALLOWEEHPROFILE2021.jpg.258dd4164aadadc9a1ce0b221465ac2d.jpg

Yes, this is probably an anti-aliasing issue. On the letter D, bottom right.

13 minutes ago, Ali said:

I can't see anything amiss with that image you have just posted.

I can’t see anything wrong with it either – apart from the very-slightly-lighter bit at the right of the blob under the D, as mentioned by telemax above (if that's what they meant) – but I don’t know what I’m supposed to be comparing it with.

@Nita Reed Can you give us a screen-grab of how it looks on the website?
At what exact size is the profile picture being displayed in the website?

10 minutes ago, telemax said:

Yes, this is probably an anti-aliasing issue. On the letter D, bottom right.

I had to zoom in to 400% before I saw the anti-aliasing.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

@GarryP

Are you talking to me? If so, then I did do that. With the image in its own tab, I then zoomed in. :)

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.

@Ali Yes.
When I don’t “at” someone I’m just replying to the last post (no reason for you to know that).
I don’t like “at”-ing people most of the time as it feels a bit like poking them in the side of the head. “You, yes you there, listen to me, listen to me now.”

The thing I pointed out (which might be the same thing as telemax pointed out) is very slight and hardly noticeable, so we need to know what Nita means by the problem, otherwise we are just guessing.