You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

21 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

Hi camelia!

Only one curve for three different colours will not work, I think. If you merge the different curves to one, they will all get the same colour.

Thanks @iconoclastis there any YouTube video out there, to follow what you are suggest me to do?

Camelia

I don’t think iconoclast is suggesting that you do anything as they have said that what you want to do is not possible – you cannot have multiple fill colours in a single Curve layer.
You can probably get what you want with two Curve layers, one for the ‘blue ribbon’ and another for the ‘grey box’ but you cannot only have one curve to do both.
Is there some reason why you want to only have one curve?

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

I don’t think iconoclast is suggesting that you do anything as they have said that what you want to do is not possible – you cannot have multiple fill colours in a single Curve layer.
You can probably get what you want with two Curve layers, one for the ‘blue ribbon’ and another for the ‘grey box’ but you cannot only have one curve to do both.
Is there some reason why you want to only have one curve?

Yes, like @iconoclastpost I was trying to reduce my graphic from three to only one curve, but having one color in the end, is not the result I want

1 hour ago, iconoclast said:

To be honest, I don't really know what you want to do. As far as I understood, you wanted to reduce your graphic from three to only one curve.  You could do that, but in that case it will only have one colour in the end.

What do you imagine as result?

"What do you imagine as result?"

An ugly box with one color 🤦‍♀️

Camelia

OK, in that case select the "Externo" layer, go to the Layer-menu and click on "Expand Stroke". This step makes the outline turn into a curve-object. That is important for being able to add it to the "Interno"-curve as a kind of outline. The yellow colour of the stroke will get lost.

After that you can select all three layers and click on the Geometry-option "Add". Then you should get onla one grey curve-object.

19 minutes ago, camelia said:

An ugly box with one color

I guess you want to use this as a monochrome icon of some sorts?

If so, I'd combine (boolean function "add") the three sides of the parcel. Then I'd add a stroke to the (blue) band on top of the parcel, expand this stroke. Lastly use another boolean function, this time "substract" on band and (combined) parcel.

The result would be something like this:

box.png.bb0ab66a038e6857d687b183ede9b337.png

I attached the Affinity Designer file for you to modify it to your liking.

box.afdesign

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

You mentioned that you had used CorelDRAW before.
The Corel user logic will follow you around for a while. 

AD has strengths over Corel. For example, Clipping and Masking layers, Artboards, History, and more.

Here are ways to "group" objects in AD:

Artboards and History:

Edit All Layers button:

• 1 month later...