You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective Warp/Smart Object?

Hi,

I am a complete novice when it comes to using this software or any adobe software as well so not sure if I am using the correct terms but I have a print business and use mock ups to display my work.  I am able to use a perspective warp in the first image attached but not in the second, where am I going wrong?

thanks!

Screenshot 2021-06-20 120400.png

Screenshot 2021-06-20 115952.png

• Staff

Hi @NicBham,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I suspect this is to do with how the document has been created in PS and the type of perspective filter used.

Can you please provide a copy of the PSD files shown in your screenshots?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

In herrei1.psd I found a white rectangle (blend mode: multiply; changed it to normal) and the underlying image. I had no problem applying a perspective filter to the white rectangle and make it fit to the image frame.herrei1.afphoto

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

...So normally with mock ups that I purchase I double click into the space I want my print to appear then it opens up a new tab and I lay my print image over that area of white rectangle then go back to the mockup image and voila, it appears in the frame or whatever I am displaying it on (i.e as above example, a flat lay print with no frame). So basically I don't have to add any kind of perspective filter or warp or whatever it is called (because I have no idea how to do that!) so maybe these PSD mockup files I have purchased aren't set up properly and I need to know how to fix them?

I have attached the PSD file of one of the ones that do work.

Mockup Frame P002.psd

Looks like somehow the smart object wasn't recognised by Affinity, so that one has to re-apply the perspective. Normally it should be possible to double click and make changes.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

1 minute ago, RNKLN said:

Looks like somehow the smart object wasn't recognised by Affinity, so that one has to re-apply the perspective. Normally it should be possible to double click and make changes.

I don't think that Affinity recognizes perspective adjustments in Photoshop smart objects.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, RNKLN said:

Ah okay I see, is this something that you could easily explain how to do or should I look it up?

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't think that Affinity recognizes perspective adjustments in Photoshop smart objects.

But, it looks like the first example given also has a perspective adjustment … 

I thought the OP had applied it, but couldn't apply the same to the 2nd image. Later I understood that he had expected it to be there, ready for making a change to the warped image. Now I'm a bit confused. 😕

4 hours ago, NicBham said:

Yes, I have been able to add my print to the first attached psd file no issue which also looks like it has a perspective thing on it but am having problems with the other ones attached.. maybe you can spot the difference between the files?

Hello Nic,

as    @RNKLN  has already mentioned  above, Affinity Photo cannot display all the smart objects of Photoshop.
So the mock-up files have to be edited a little.
Add a new LifeFilter Perspective layer to the "Edit Here layer", and edit  the perspective as desired.
Now the inserted images are displayed with the correct perspective.

See attached Affinity files.

Cheers

herrei1.afphoto herrei6.afphoto herrei7.afphoto

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3527)