You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo crashes randomly zoom in/out

It is taken me a while to figure it out, but I think Affinity Photo is crashing when doing a zoom in/out in documents bigger than 6000 x 6000 pixels. Every single time the client freezes. Only way out is closing the application or force quitting via Task Manager. I am using version 1.9.2.  I just updated the latest NVIDIA driver that came out last night. The crash/freeze persists. Latest Windows 10 driver was installed this morning, but the issue was present before that.

Update: Workaround that prevents the freeze: preferences --> performance -- disabled Hardware Accelaration.

This is only a workaround. I had no issues using Hardware Accelaration before since purchase. So it shouldn't be freezing. Needs to be fixed.

I was able to work on my project, but now I had a sudden crash to desktop. Lost 10 minutes of work. So ... things are still not good.

CRASH REPORTS atached below:

1496155f-986e-4573-91be-0132490272d1.dmp be311460-6c88-4fa1-bd5d-d3aed8827df5.dmp

Edited by Garona

Hello @Garona, welcome to the forum.

There is a problem with a part from the graphics card drivers. 

I recommend that you completely uninstall the graphics card drivers. And then reinstall them.

For uninstalling, I would recommend the Display Driver Uninstaller.

Scroll down the website and you will see a text link ***Official Download Here***. Click to download DDU.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3480

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you use V2, please create a new thread in the correct section of the forum, and provide all details according to the guideline in the bug section.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Check the hardware acceleration performance preferences settings, retry with disabling OpenCL in cases where the GPU drivers might cause problems ...

Other than that look for possible crash reports, which should tell more about the crashing causes here ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2