I am completely desperate.
I have complete horror with raster brushes in Affinity Photo.
Brush preview is very slow and brush painting takes a very long delay.
However, problems only with the Intensity brush. A round brush works lag-free at any size.
Disabling brush preview in settings does not solve the problem.

Second problem. The Accumulation brush option works like Flow. Although previously the Accumulation option worked like Opacity.

It is absolutely impossible to work!

20 hours ago, AsFrog said:

Second problem. The Accumulation brush option works like Flow. Although previously the Accumulation option worked like Opacity.

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Painting/pixel_modify.html?title=Modifying brushes

The Accumulation controls the Deviation in the opacity of the brush stroke as it is painted.

The Flow controls How fast color is built up under your brush

Sorry I don't have any answer for your brush lag problems.

Affinity Photo 1.10.5.1342 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.5.1342; Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

8 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Painting/pixel_modify.html?title=Modifying brushes

The Accumulation controls the Deviation in the opacity of the brush stroke as it is painted.

The Flow controls How fast color is built up under your brush

Sorry I don't have any answer for your brush lag problems.

No, in version 1.8 Accumulation worked like Opacity. And in version 1.9 Accumulation works like Flow. I tested this in version 1.8.

• Moderators

Did the lag start happening in 1.9? If so, do you want to try disabling OpenCL from Preferences? What graphics card are you using? Do you have that set in Preferences or have you switched to WARP?

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Did the lag start happening in 1.9? If so, do you want to try disabling OpenCL from Preferences? What graphics card are you using? Do you have that set in Preferences or have you switched to WARP?

I don’t know when it started, it’s just now that I started to study digital painting and came to using texture brushes. Disabling hardware acceleration did not have any effect.
My system: CPU Intel i7 4770k, GPU GeForce 1660ti, RAM 16gb, Sata SSD, tablet XP-Pen Deco PRO small.
The problem is observed when drawing from a tablet, when affinity calculates the minimum dynamics of the brush, if you paint with a brush with a mouse, no matter how I increase its size, everything worked correctly.

First, make sure that all drivers are up to date, especially the graphics card drivers for Intel iGPU.

You can/should also try with disabled iGPU in the BIOS to see if it works better.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Sapphire RX 5600 XT 6 GB | Windows 11 Pro (22H2 Build 22622.586)
Affinity Suite V1.10.5.1342
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
SVG preview in Windows Explorer with "SVG-See  Download SVG-See

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

5 hours ago, Komatös said:

First, make sure that all drivers are up to date, especially the graphics card drivers for Intel iGPU.

You can/should also try with disabled iGPU in the BIOS to see if it works better.

The integrated video core is not involved. Video output and processing is performed by GeForce 1660Ti. I have the latest build of Windows 10 and all the drivers are up to date. As I wrote above, there are no problems with displaying the brush preview if you use the low precision mode. Here the problem is most likely in Affinity itself.

6 hours ago, AsFrog said:

The integrated video core is not involved. Video output and processing is performed by GeForce 1660Ti. I have the latest build of Windows 10 and all the drivers are up to date. As I wrote above, there are no problems with displaying the brush preview if you use the low precision mode. Here the problem is most likely in Affinity itself.

I tested the brushes on my second computer and ran into the same problem. Texture brushes preview is very slow.
I cannot work normally on my second computer 😧

• Moderators

So it looks like the Wacom tablets support all the precision modes, however the Deco and XP Pens are currently only working in Low Precision. 

I'm just getting someone with a Deco 3 to reproduce what you've shown in the videos.

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

So it looks like the Wacom tablets support all the precision modes, however the Deco and XP Pens are currently only working in Low Precision. 

I'm just getting someone with a Deco 3 to reproduce what you've shown in the videos.

If necessary, I can help. Just tell me what to do.

• Moderators

We have the hardware to reproduce the lagging when using other precision modes. It's a case of us adding (if possible) additional support for them. 

I think Low Precision is just making your tablet act as a mouse pointer without pressure, is that correct? 

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

We have the hardware to reproduce the lagging when using other precision modes. It's a case of us adding (if possible) additional support for them. 

I think Low Precision is just making your tablet act as a mouse pointer without pressure, is that correct? 

Yes, brush strokes work like mouse input at low precision. The brush stroke is tremulous and not smoothed. All sensitivity functions of the tablet work.

Yes, apparently I was not destined to draw normally in Affinity. Not only is he extremely bad at drawing, but also constant errors and bugs in the work. The stability of work is also low. I'd rather get myself Clip Studio Paint. Because I can't suffer any more while drawing in Affinity Photo.

• 9 months later...