You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please put the image dimensions in the UI!

19 minutes ago, Wosven said:

what the Angle refers to

The A value appears quite weird. Here I cmd-opt-shift drag an object. When moving first I would not expect a value different from 0 (or maybe 180 or -180). When rotating the value at the cursor shows the expected whereas the A value seems strange again.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

4 hours ago, Stokestack said:

But you and the majority of users desperately need to see "memory efficiency and pressure," right genius?

I have no use for that either.  Then again I rarely use the Info panel at all so I don't think I ever really even noticed it there.

2 hours ago, Stokestack said:

This is a solved problem

For this to be a solved problem it would first need to be a problem.  Why do you need to constantly see that information?  What practical benefit does it have?  If you create the image from scratch you can simply create it at the size you are going to need.  If you start with something arbitrary just switch to the view (pan) tool or the crop tool and it shows up in the context toolbar, quick and easy.  Crop to the size you need and leave it there.

I'm not saying you don't have a use case for needing to quickly reference this information, as there certainly are times when you need to know this, but just hit "H" on the keyboard for the view tool and it is right there.  What use is it to display the resolution of the entire document when you are drawing with a pen or pencil, or applying a filter that impacts the entire area (or even just a selected layer)?

2 hours ago, thomaso said:

The A value appears quite weird. Here I cmd-opt-shift drag an object. When moving first I would not expect a value different from 0 (or maybe 180 or -180). When rotating the value at the cursor shows the expected whereas the A value seems strange again.

The A (Angle) is the angle from the first mouse click, it has nothing to do with the ellipse you have selected.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

12 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The A (Angle) is the angle from the first mouse click, it has nothing to do with the ellipse you have selected.

Ah, thanks, the D and A values refer to the cursor position only, not to a layout object. That confused me when holding the shift key, were the cursor position can change in a direction different to the affected object.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

7 hours ago, fde101 said:

For this to be a solved problem it would first need to be a problem.  Why do you need to constantly see that information?  What practical benefit does it have?

I and others have already given examples. Here's yet another: Maybe I've opened several copies of an image that have been rendered at different resolutions, to do some individual tweaks. How do I know which one I'm working on as I click through the tabs?

But in the end, it doesn't matter why. I want to see it, and (again, as we've pointed out) other similar applications manage to show it. You might just as well complain that you don't want to see word count in a word processor. So what? Others do, and it's not limiting your workflow one bit.

What use is it to display the resolution of the entire document when you are drawing with a pen or pencil, or applying a filter that impacts the entire area (or even just a selected layer)?

None. Nobody said it was useful in those instances, so why ask?

7 hours ago, thomaso said:

the D and A values refer to the cursor position only

And that is only useful with selections, since with curve objects you need to position the cursor out of the shape to get and grab the handle... so it's random, and moving it can position randomly the cursor.