You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linked text frames / Verknüpfte Textrahmen

Hallo,

detected with version 1.9.1x as well as 1.9.2x:

Tested after import of an "IDML" as well as a "PDF" file.

When trying to link text frames, the transferred text is displayed too small, 
under Windows 10 as well as MAC.

Need a solution ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

festgestellt mit Version 1.9.1x sowie 1.9.2x:

Getestet nach Import einer "IDML" sowie einer "PDF" Datei.

Beim versuch Textrahmen zu verknüpfen wird der übertragende Text zu klein angezeigt, 
unter Windows 10 sowie unter MAC.

Brauche eine Lösung ?

Gruß!
Gonzo

AFP.png.7671fb0147d1fab63c0c07d0a25930f7.png

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Your issue was most likely caused the the text frame being scaled but without seeing the document at the time I can't say for sure.

And I am sure this text frame wasn't scaled manually. Happens frequently when opening IDML or PDF (in this case trying to link text frames). @A.Gonzo Could you upload your sample IDML / PDF?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

vielen Dank das das Problem noch aufgegriffen wurde. Ich wüsste jetzt nicht was ich in diesem Fall falsch machen könnte. Habe mal ein kurzes Video erstellt. Sollte es jedoch notwendig sein die IDML-Datei zu prüfen, würde ich sie gerne nicht öffentlich schicken auch wenn es sich um eine Testdatei handelt.

Gruß! Gonzo

3 hours ago, A.Gonzo said:

vielen Dank das das Problem noch aufgegriffen wurde. Ich wüsste jetzt nicht was ich in diesem Fall falsch machen könnte. Habe mal ein kurzes Video erstellt. Sollte es jedoch notwendig sein die IDML-Datei zu prüfen, würde ich sie gerne nicht öffentlich schicken auch wenn es sich um eine Testdatei handelt.

That's the expected behaviour for a text frame that has been scaled manually.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hello MikeTo,

could you please explain what is meant by this as I am used to this form of text frame dragging from InDesign.

Thanks a lot, greetings! Gonzo

Hallo MikeTo,

könntest du mir bitte erklären was damit gemeint ist da ich diese Form von Textrahmen aufziehen von InDesign gewohnt bin.

Vielen Dank, Gruß! Gonzo

21 minutes ago, A.Gonzo said:

could you please explain what is meant by this as I am used to this form of text frame dragging from InDesign.

Here's a video that shows the difference in behaviour between a text frame that has been scaled with the frame's "Scale handle". You can find more information on the Scale handle here: https://affinity.help/designer/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Text/frameText.html?title=Frame text

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Thanks for the quick feedback,

unfortunately this doesn't help me, as the error seems to occur only after importing an IDML file. With a newly created document it works fine.

Here times the Test.idml ( the IDML file was created with an InDesign CS 5.5) so that one can reproduce the error.

Thanks - Greetings! Gonzo 

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Rückmeldung,

leider hilft mir das nicht weiter, da der Fehler wohl nur nach Import einer IDML-Datei auftritt. Bei einem neu angelegten Dokument funktioniert es einwandfrei.

Hier mal die Test.idml ( die IDML-Datei wurde mit einer InDesign CS 5.5 erstellt) damit man den Fehler reproduzieren kann.

Danke - Gruß! Gonzo 

Test.idml

If you were to reset the paragraph's style [Basic Paragraph] things would be normal.

376200085_ScreenShot2021-08-17at6_50_06AM.png.ff310e29753279710bbb249ea160b5c7.png

762119519_ScreenShot2021-08-17at6_50_52AM.png.2957e08ebd426c5cc04bef406bd283bc.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce,

that would work if I don't want to keep the font size etc, because after reset the attributes are set to default.

Normal would be if I continued the text in another text frame and kept the text attributes.

Hallo Old Bruce,

das würde funktionieren wenn ich die Schriftgröße usw. nicht beibehalten möchte, da nach zurücksetzen die Attribute auf Standard gesetzt werden.

Normal wäre es wenn ich den Text in einem weiteren Textrahmen weiterführe und die Textattribute beibehalten würden.

Danke - Gruß! Gonzo

Reset the text to the paragraph style, now change the Paragraph Style's font size etc. to what you want it to be.

You'll be happier with proper Publisher Text Styles defined in Publisher as opposed to imported and overridden InDesign text styles.

via Deepl.com

Setzen Sie den Text auf die Absatzformatvorlage zurück und ändern Sie nun die Schriftgröße usw. der Absatzformatvorlage so, wie Sie sie haben möchten. 

Sie werden mit den in Publisher definierten Textstilen zufriedener sein als mit importierten und überschriebenen InDesign-Textstilen.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello Old Bruce,

thanks for the info again, I've been working with the Publisher and the text styles for quite some time and so far I'm very satisfied with the "APub..." except for some unsolved problems which will be fixed one after the other with the further updates.

But it should be possible to continue the text frame with the same attributes as in InDesign without having to set the attributes again or select text styles again, I think that is very inconvenient. Perhaps I have overlooked a setting that must be made to achieve this.

I hope for a solution and thank you for the help and info I have received so far.

Hallo Old Bruce,

danke für die Info nochmal, ich arbeite schon des längeren mit dem Publisher und den Textstilen und bin bisher bis auf so einige ungelösten Probleme die aber wohl nacheinander behoben werden mit den weiteren Updates, sehr zufrieden mit dem "APub...".

Es sollte aber möglich sein den Textrahmen mit den gleichen Attributen weiterzuführen zu können wie in InDesign ohne nochmals die Attribute neu einzustellen oder wieder Textstile auszuwählen, das halte ich für sehr umständlich. Vielleicht habe ich ja eine Einstellung übersehen die gemacht werden muss um dieses zu erreichen.

Ich hoffe auf eine Lösung und bedanke mich schonmal für die Hilfe und Info`s die ich bisher bekommen habe.

Danke - Gruß! Gonzo  

• 2 years later...

Hallo,

ich kenne das Problem und es nervt.

Ich habe eine Möglichkeit gefunden, um das Problem zu beheben. Zieh Dir einen neuen Textrahmen auf und kopiere den gesamten Text von dem alten Rahmen hinein. Dann sollte es funktionieren. Das ist nicht die perfekte Lösung, aber damit kann man wenigsten arbeiten.

Googletranslation

Hello,

I know the problem and it's annoying.

I found a way to fix the problem. Create a new text frame and copy all of the text from the old frame into it. Then it should work. This isn't the perfect solution, but it's at least something you can work with.