You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.1.219)

On 2/10/2021 at 7:24 PM, v_kyr said:

I don't know where it tries to connect via HTTP or HTTPS at that stage in order to fetch something

No Little Snitch…?

action: allow
direction: outgoing
priority: regular
process: /Volumes/Kukhs/Applications/Affinity Photo Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Photo Beta
owner: me
destination: go.seriflabs.com
port: 80
protocol: 6
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to go.seriflabs.com on TCP port 80 (http). The request was allowed via connection alert.

process: /Volumes/Kukhs/Applications/Affinity Photo Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Photo Beta
destination: appcontent.serif.com
port: 443
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to appcontent.serif.com on TCP port 443 (https). The request was allowed via connection alert.

destination: cdn.serif.com
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to cdn.serif.com on TCP port 443 (https). The request was allowed via connection alert.

destination: s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com on TCP port 443 (https). The request was allowed via connection alert.

destination: s3.amazonaws.com
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to s3.amazonaws.com on TCP port 443 (https). The request was allowed via connection alert.

destination: welcome.serifservices.com
notes: On 13.02.2021, Affinity Photo Beta tried to establish a connection to welcome.serifservices.com on TCP port 443 (https). The request was allowed via connection alert.

^ All activity kosher.

No crash on launch.
El Capitan.
But this is also the first time I've launched a Photo Beta on this partition, so all App Support and Prefs data were fresh. From my previous "crash on launch" experience with v1.9.0 "final", it may have been due to old preferences/user data from a 1.8.x version launched on that partition earlier.
In case you're wondering about the unusual process path: yep, the app itself resides on a different partition, connected to the current boot partition's /Application folder via symlink.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

15 minutes ago, loukash said:

No Little Snitch…?

Somewhere I must have an older version 2 or the like, which I've never used/installed so far.

16 minutes ago, loukash said:

No crash on launch.
El Capitan.

Well, El Capitan doesn't support that new "Your Account" stuff (that only works for >= MacOS Sierra), which I believe is related to the issues here other people see. Thus we don't see those crashes here under El Capitan.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just now, v_kyr said:

Well, El Capitan doesn't support that new "Your Account" stuff

I know, I meant no crash on launch in general.
But with 1.9.0 I haven't noticed any on High Sierra either. Of course I can check again.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

21 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Which was built a few days prior to this fix, the next build it will get this fix.

We will need to find this recipe it probably depends on your selection when you choose export

Thank you on the Export preset.  I'm afraid I'm not any real help on the crash.  I've used the Beta quite a bit since I posted without issue, and, as I used it, I believe my impression was incorrect as to what I was doing which is not helpful.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, Andy Somerfield said:

- Fixed incorrect cursor issues.

Does that mean, that "File > Place" will now also change to the right placement indicating cursor or not here?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

3 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Does that mean, that "File > Place" will now also change to the right placement indicating cursor or not here?

Yes on Mac OS 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Yes on Mac OS 10.14.6

Well I'm using 10.11.6 aka El Capitan and see a wrong behavior here too.

Hmmm, I may have been less than clear. I see a proper Place cursor in the new Betas, not a generic arrow cursor.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Any improvements on the launch speed after a reboot?

Version 1.9 of Affinity Photo takes over 30 seconds to load on an 2019 i7 iMac with 64 gb of ram.  Same problem with an i7 2019 16 inch MBP with 32gb ram.

Affinity Photo reloads quickly if it has been loaded, quit and reloaded.  If you reboot then everything becomes very slow.

On another note:

The Affinity Photo Extensions have a similar issue.  The first time after a reboot they are very slow to load.

Hi folks, as long as there is no new beta of Photo, I cannot test the software. But I would like to do that. 1.9.1.219 came out over a week ago and crashes on startup, which has been known for just as long. Any news on a new working beta? No offense, just asking.

Cheers, Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.