You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I am a mobile game developer of 2d games and games with animated graphics like those in Adventure Time. I wonder if Affinity Designer works for creating games.

I would like to know if this program could replace Ps. I am a creator and designer of mobile games and I need an urgent design application, could you say if Affinity Designer could serve me for mobile game development ?. And I work with Unity. 

Edited by Alhdemar

Hi and welcome to the forums @Alhdemar,

Right now there is a 30day trial available, 

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/  scroll to the bottom of the page.

Trying it out will best answer your questions.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Right now there is a 30day trial available,

Make that a 90-day free trial.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

16 hours ago, Alhdemar said:

I would like to know if this program could replace Ps. I am a creator and designer of mobile games and I need an urgent design application, could you say if Affinity Designer could serve me for mobile game development ?. And I work with Unity. 

See for example ...

Do a Google search and you will see a lot of references and articles about that theme, namely Affinity Designer & Unity for game development!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

24 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/  scroll to the bottom of the page.

Or use this link to save yourself a bit of scrolling:

https://affin.co/phototrial

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 hours ago, Alhdemar said:

Pretty much, your probably working with Pngs I’d imagine, they’ll export just fine. Only thing is if you’re ever using something like Harmony ToonBoom... I think it plays nicer with Illustrator, if your exporting game assets

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, etiennepatierno said:

I'm not sure that this service can provide such opportunities

Could you elaborate your post a bit?
Is it a question?
If yes, please explain what you want to find out, or what could help you to overcome your uncertainty.

Is it your conclusion  of Affinity apps, based on your own experience? It would help to get more details how you came to that conclusion.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

2 hours ago, kaffeeundsalz said:

It's spam. @etiennepatierno is either a bot or a human fake account. He used the other post he made just for the purpose of linking to a poster template site.

seems the mods cleaned the issue already.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.