You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Colours > Procedural Textures

Has an adjustable preset for Perlin Noise (and others) that may do what you want

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The filter used in the video is Difference clouds, You can somewhat simulate this by creating two different perlin noise layers and changing the top one to Blend mode: Difference. Using the procedural texture live filter set to perilin gives you a lot of control over what you see and changes can be made on the fly. 

So you want to make fantasy maps? The beauty of the live procedural texture: Perlin texture is you can change it on the fly to get the look you want. with a threshold filter sat above that you can also adjust.

image.png.7c4d83f910894da27abfefa5d42add6f.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

You’re welcome aymanzone.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

These clouds are mainly Perlin noise, pulled and squeezed and distorted and blended, it can be done with a bit of out of the box thinking but that is true with PS´s difference clouds too. I do miss a fibre filter though.

For a guideline.

Step1, make a nice gradient, I like spacey stuff.
Step2, Small box, white or black or any other colour fill.
Step3, Have fun pulling and pushing and distorting
Step4, Warp to taste:
Step5, blend to taste
Step6, Rid of the edges with a soft eraser.
Step7 Repeat with variations.

One instant sky.

sunrise.jpg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

This is so neat, I will have to practice more so it becomes muscle memory.

Couple of things I have found out so far for others to take note of.

7 hours ago, Slammer said:

Step5, blend to taste

Weiches Licht = Soft Light.

7 hours ago, Slammer said:

Step6, Rid of the edges with a soft eraser.

I had success with a gradient mask.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.