You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IPad Magic Keyboard / Affinity Designer / Photo

Tommy N

Greetings.

I’ve ditched my laptop in favour of using the iPad, and there’s a few really annoying things that I don’t think have been reported.

1 - If you enter dimensions in one of the text boxes and press return, it shows a carriage return in the input box and you have to press the enter button using the trackpad or touch screen.
2 - Can the ‘back’ button act as a delete button? Having to using the icon bottom left is a pain
3 - When using the Live Filter / Distort (in Affinity Photo), the guides disappear making it tricky to see where I need to stretch to
4 - Can we have a simple way of zooming in and out? Ideally the same keyboard shortcut as the Mac version.

There’s more, but these are my biggest gripes.

Tom

• Staff

Hi Tom,

1. This is logged—I will bump it

2. This is a feature request. I would really recommend posting this in there

3. I see what you mean. I will look into this a bit more and look at logging an improvement request / This actually looks like a bug as the desktop apps do not do this. Logged. 

4. I think this is the same kind of request as number 2. Essentially we need more key mapping options. Not many iPad apps have the customisation levels we do for their keyboard mapping and ours is still pretty new so I can feed this back :) 

On 8/27/2020 at 9:18 PM, Chris B said:

I have absolutely no idea when

😩

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 AM, DM1 said:

😩

Why does this have to take long? Keyboard shortcuts are essential for a quick workflow, even on iPad, so not having all the options is a pain. I use Clip Studio Paint on iPad and Mac, and the whole experience is just seemless. I don't see why Affinity can not do the same? Is it for lack of resources? If so, this could really become an achillis heel in the success of the Affinity apps. You built a great foundation, but it still needs work on details in various apps, as well as more consitency across the suite to really knock it out of the park. I know this is a huge project, but users like me have been waiting for many years for basic functions to be implemented in Designer and it's not happening for some reason. I truly hope that development will not slow down now the apps are all pretty successful, as you got something very good that could be great if you put a bit more energy and resources into the thing.

Hello, just wanted to add to this bug report. I too am having issues with the Magic Keyboard support in Designer. This is mainly when entering numeric values into a parameter value ‘fly-out’, using the keyboard. Entering a decimal point or pressing the delete key, inserts the text ‘(null)’. The return key should operate the fly-out’s ‘OK’ function, but inserts a line-break instead.

Really enjoying using Designer so far... Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tommy N said:

1 - If you enter dimensions in one of the text boxes and press return, it shows a carriage return in the input box and you have to press the enter button using the trackpad or touch screen.

Bumping this thread to let you know this point is happening to me today, two years later, with version 1.10.5 on iPadOS 15.4.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...