DQ_C

32-bit/HDR processing Filter only works in 16-bit depth or lower

Hello,

I've gone through the forum before posting this but can't find an answer.

I'm a 3D artist and work with 32-bit EXR constantly. I have a plugin, ArionFX, which is specifically made to work with 32-bit images, I use it in Photoshop all the time but in Photo, it is greyed out unless I change the image from 32-Bit/HDR to 16-bit, which obviously then forfeits the advantages of HDR workflow. I did check and was working with rasterized layers but no joy.

Since the plugin does work perfectly well, it opens, processes and applies the effects correctly but simply not available in 32-bit, is this something that you could potentially look into? Frankly it's pretty much the only plugin I ever use and just keeping me from just jumping to Photo full time.

If this is something you would be willing to take a look at, please let me know what kind of info you need from my end. Is there anything I can do to force it's availability in 32-bit?

Many thanks!
V.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for getting back to me. The plugin is very much made for 32-bit workflow, it even starts complaining that an image is LDR instead of HDR. Is there any kind of information I can give you to help with this?

Obviously not today, it's Sunday and I wouldn't want to intrude in your time off :D But I can confirm the plugin does work with 32-bit images in Photoshop, so if there's anything I can help with, please do let me know.

Thanks again