You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 4/20/2023 at 5:12 PM, pioneer said:

Thank you to both for your helpful answer's on where to find the file nowadays.  Cheers John

Well so far I haven't actually told were to find them nowadays, only that I have somewhere under my personal backups a local copy of that, which I don't know if I'am permitted and allowed from the OP to share it here.

BUT and that's a big BUT, as the internet usually doesn't forget things easily or at all, there's luckily another way for you to get these resouces.

Namely via ...

... check the listed "......affinity.graphics/download/xx" URLs there ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

17 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Well so far I haven't actually told were to find them nowadays, only that I have somewhere under my personal backups a local copy of that, which I don't know if I'am permitted and allowed from the OP to share it here.

BUT and that's a big BUT, as the internet usually doesn't forget things easily or at all, there's luckily another way for you to get these resouces.

Namely via ...

... check the listed "......affinity.graphics/download/xx" URLs there ...

This was Very Helpful. I was able to download a few of them But the other ones I really wanted i couldn't get

THANK YOU!!!!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Chris Van Cleve said:

This Connection Is Not Private

This website may be impersonating “vanishvault.com” to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I've scanned the downloaded zip with Malwarebytes. No Threats, No PUPs, No PUMs. Ditto for the extracted directory. The same goes for a custom scan of the extracted directory by Windows Security. Of course, as always, you mileage may vary.

Obviously I can't comment of the warnings given, but if you want these things, and you're willing to download the zip file, it's a good idea to make your file backups, too. There are posts that users declare that they've lost their downloaded Swatches, Styles, Brushes, Macros, &c., and can't recover them because they've lost the links. Many of the downloads can't be uploaded/shared by someone else because they're private/copyrighted. Save the downloads to a backup drive, and then save them again. That way, you'll never be in here asking, nay, dare I say, begging, for a link, por favor.

Edited to thank Chris for the link.

Edited to add, Maybe not use the cloud for your backups. Or do use the cloud. Good luck with that.

2 hours ago, Twolane said:

I've scanned the downloaded zip with Malwarebytes. No Threats, No PUPs, No PUMs. Ditto for the extracted directory. The same goes for a custom scan of the extracted directory by Windows Security. Of course, as always, you mileage may vary.

Thanks for that. I don’t see how a site can steal information if you’re simply downloading a file without first submitting an online form, but I thought it worth mentioning that my browser wasn’t happy!

Viewing the site’s security certificate reveals that it’s “Not Trusted” and has an expiry timestamp set to “25/06/2023 20:16:54”; i.e. today, but not until 20:16:54 (presumably UTC).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

48 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Thanks for that. I don’t see how a site can steal information if you’re simply downloading a file without first submitting an online form, but I thought it worth mentioning that my browser wasn’t happy!

At the time the browser issues the warning, it has no idea what will happen if it allows the request to complete. And, of course, neither do you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the certificate warning. The hosting I use didn't renew the cert appropriately from the authority. It has nothing to do with the files being downloaded, just the connection to the web site. I promise I'm not malicious. If I was I'd have nailed everyone from the affinity.graphics site when I had it up. ;)

Edit: Fixed. It was actually a problem with wildcard domains. The authority doesn't like them, so I have to specify sub-domains individually.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet