You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Active fonts not showing

I have Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo and love them but I am having an issue with active fonts not showing in Designer and Photo. I am on a mac and using Extensis Fusion. I activate fonts and when I go to either Photo or Designer the fonts I have activated are not available but are available in Publisher. Seems very strange

Hope you can help

Thanks 

Hi Thanks for your reply but I have already tried that to see if it made a difference. Fonts still dont appear. I have tried it on my iMac and my macbook pro and same issue on both. All fonts appear in the list in Publisher but not in Designer or Photo. Designer and Photo where both purchased through App store and publisher from Affinity direct, but shouldnt think that makes any difference.

3 hours ago, JonRimmer said:

I have Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo and love them but I am having an issue with active fonts not showing in Designer and Photo. I am on a mac and using Extensis Fusion. I activate fonts and when I go to either Photo or Designer the fonts I have activated are not available but are available in Publisher. Seems very strange

Hope you can help

Thanks 

Can you list a few of the fonts that aren't showing.  Maybe we can find out if others have the problem with the same fonts.  I know a couple years ago I added a set of 6 PLTS fonts and 4 of them were showing while 2 weren't.  Sometime months later they finally started showing.  I've had a few others like this over the years.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

ITC Avant Garde Gothic Postscript Bitstream

ITC Avant Garde Gothic Postscript Adobe

Helvetica Postscript Adobe  (Helvetica Neue Postscript Adobe work fine)

Zurich Postscript Bitstream

Huminist Postscript Bitstream

ITC Galliard Postscript Adobe

Just a few I have just tested… all work no problem in Publisher but not in Designer and Photo

Very Strange

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi JonRimmer,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you try going into the apps preferences and under the Misc tab hit Reset Fonts to see if this solves your issue? Could you also please tell me how many fonts you have installed?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum

I have tried Reset Fonts but it doesnt make any difference. Suitcase tells me I have 773 system fonts active and 417 others. What I dont understand is all fonts work without issue in Publisher but not in Designer and Photo. This is the same on my MacBook Pro and my iMac.

Thanks for your help

Jon

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same problem with Affinity Photo.

No problems with Publisher.

I reopened a file previously created in Photo and half of the fonts are showing errors and while the fonts are activated, they are not showing in font menu.

I have tried both FontExplorer Pro, Version 7.1.0 and Typeface 2.6.4 (not simultaneously) on MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.5 to activate and deactivate fonts.

All sorts of restarts of programs and the entire computer. 

I have reset fonts in Photo's preferences.

Same problem.

This seems to be recent but to pinpoint it, this issue happened within the past month as that is the timeframe from when I created the original Photo file with the fonts in question (no problems at time of creation) to when I opened the same file today.

@Callum

I'm having the same problem with font's not loading in Designer 1.8.3 on my desktop, but those same fonts are loading in Designer 1.8.1 on the laptop.

I may have found the reason they aren't loading. It seems that Type 1 & True Type fonts are the only ones not showing up. Open type is working fine on desktop & laptop.

I'm trying to find a way to convert those fonts into Open type.

17 minutes ago, anaz said:

@Callum

I'm having the same problem with font's not loading in Designer 1.8.3 on my desktop, but those same fonts are loading in Designer 1.8.1 on the laptop.

I may have found the reason they aren't loading. It seems that Type 1 & True Type fonts are the only ones not showing up. Open type is working fine on desktop & laptop.

I'm trying to find a way to convert those fonts into Open type.

That's true in some cases for me. The other end is that I have thousands of fonts and most of them are ps type 1. If you find a reliable program or resource that results in stable conversions, it would be much appreciated if you posted your solution.

Hi There everyone

I have issue I have is that all fonts are working fine in Publisher but not in Designer or Photo. If I access Designer through Publishers persona I can use the fonts without a problem. But if I try to use fonts in Designer or Photo directly in the these programs this is when not all fonts load. I would have thought if it was a font type problem the fonts would universally not appear in all Affinity programmes. I was hoping maybe the latest update would fix the issue but it doesnt appear to have done so.

I uploaded about 15 fonts to the provided link. This is a fraction of the fonts I'm having problems with.

Exocet, Coop Latin, Fink Roman, Fink Bold, Frankie, Halfway House, Huxley Vertical, Industria, Stakehouse, Strawhouse, Warehouse, Helvetica Neu (about 16 variations), Helvetica Compressed, and Helvetica Condensed.

• Staff

Hi dannyg9,
Not sure what link you are using but the files are still not there, sorry. Here's a different link to my personal Dropbox account.
If you still have issues uploading to that link maybe you can share one with the fonts zipped and password protected (you can send me the password via PM).
Sorry all the trouble. Thanks for your support.

• 3 weeks later...