You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF mark ups not showing

robinp

Do you mean Printer's Marks? The crop/cut lines and register marks are not in the default Trim box you have to select Media box.

141651843_ScreenShot2020-04-17at3_43_18PM.png.484b824c4c847cf07a85a05af55be449.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Can you give us a sample PDF that you've marked up?

Also, what tool did you use to perform the markup?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Can you give us a sample PDF that you've marked up?

Also, what tool did you use to perform the markup?

I can’t share the exact PDF, but certainly one of them was marked up using Files.app on an iPad. 

I’m sure I can recreate it though with a PDF that I can share if that info isn’t sufficient. 

12 minutes ago, robinp said:

I’m sure I can recreate it though with a PDF that I can share if that info isn’t sufficient. 

Please do; it should prove helpful.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 minutes ago, robinp said:

really very easy to reproduce. 

Yes, I too have seen the same thing here on Mac OS 10.14.6 The Preview marks do not get carried over to the placed document. Also they (Placed Documents) won't up update if you mark up and then save the pdf. It will be noted as changed in the Assets Manager but I can't update from there, I just get a spinning processing wheel.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for the file, @robinp.

I can confirm that the markups do not show up when your PDF is Placed into a Publisher file on Windows, either. Nor when it's Opened.

-- Walt
PC:

I had a blueprint with mark ups that they wanted printed come in yesterday. I could not even get them to show in Indesign, though I did not look long as my work around was export as a TIFF file from Acrobat which kept the markups. In all my years in print I think that might have been the first time anyone wanted the markups actually printed. 

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi robinp,
Thanks for reporting this. I believe we don't support markup/comments in PDF's but I've logged the issue to be looked at.

Hi, thanks. I think it is reasonable to expect that a placed PDF looks like the file. I’d say this is essential.

• 2 years later...
18 minutes ago, DoublEdge said:

Did this get resolved in v2?

I think it would need a Feature Request, as I don't think it's supposed to be supported. But perhaps @MEB can tell us its status.

-- Walt
PC:

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi @DoublEdge,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, markups/comments are still not supported in V2. I've updated /bumped the existing report. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi @MEB,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.  (Thanks to @walt.farrell for the reply too.). I appreciate the effort in bumping this again.  This is a huge one for us.  We produce some hefty documents that can have anywhere from 25 to a few hundred pages of PDFs with annotations.  This would be big time saver.   

• 5 months later...

Here's the scenario. 

I generate a document, say a plan with my own workings laid out on it. 

Client sends back marked up pdf with changes using pdf markup tools. 

I want to drop their commented pdf into my original document as an overlay so I can check off every item in the same workspace. 
Yep its an important feature. Currently using screen grabs.