You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.1.26723)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

Good morning! I'm pleased to announce that we have started the customer beta up and the first build is available right now :) This week it's mainly stability improvements - but a couple of new features are present. More coming next week! This beta is considered stable and it's use is recommended over the App Store version.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

- New “Lens Filter” adjustment, and ability to import them from PSD files (export coming soon!).

- WEBP import support (export coming soon!)

- Improved tool UI drawing speed by up to 5000% in OS X 10.8 and above (note that this is just tool UI - not everything!).

- Added a blemish width control to the Develop context toolbar, and associated keyboard shortcuts.

- Fixed GIF export (bad permissions were set on the resulting file).

- Fixed Split Toning when image contains transparency.
- Fixed artefacts when using Live Depth Of Field Blur.
- Fixed bug which caused Live Filter layers to go crazy when printing.
- Attempt to recover when the default system fonts are not available.
- Fixed issue where user could become stuck in Develop Persona.
- Minor translation UI improvements.
- Fixed issue where 3D LUT would produce weird colours if the cube contained negative values.
- Fixed numerous issues in Develop Persona where the developed image would be very dark / light.
- Prevent crashes when users mistakenly try to open folders instead of files.
- Fixed issues where Develop Persona would fail to load DNG files where lossy compression had been used.
- Minor performance improvements when editing 16bit RGB files.
- Fixed issue where pressing Delete in Develop / Liquify would cause havoc.
- Fixed small issue where changing tone curves in Develop would generate two undo entries.
- Numerous vector export / import improvements.
- Fixed issue which caused path text to be inaccurately positioned.
- Fixed issue with Edit -> Fill not applying colour noise.
- Improved behaviour of Select All.
- Fixed issue where Shadows / Highlights adjustment slider had a different range to the accompanying text field.
- Fixed issue where Document -> Flatten would go crazy when used on a document which had been started in Affinity Designer.
- Fixed sporadic issues with Open -> Recent and other MRU things.
- Attempt to resolve file association issues, so Photo files open with Photo and Designer files with Designer!
- Fixed issue where feathering a selection by a large radius would produce weird results.
- Fixed issues where growing / shrinking / smoothing / feathering a “Select All” marquee would not work properly.

really hope you guys worked out the freezing crashing problems with this one as I had just experienced another one with the I guess first Beta. Will give this a try hopefully I won't have to keep force quitting my affinity program. I like it a lot though. The program, not the crashes. 

Hi,

Just tried this beta and my Mac App Store copy; I have a couple of observations from some PSD's I've been working on today:

1. Photo doesn't respect PSD Shape rotations on opening.
  2. Photo doesn't retain Smart Objects - they get rasterised into a single layer

These are probably known issues but I'm new here and thought I'd make a note just in case...

Regards & thanks for the opportunity to free myself! Not quite yet but hopefully soon...

Also, probably been requested but could Photo become aware of the image in the clipboard and use its dimensions on creating a 'New' document - one of my favourite features from a variety of image editing apps and it's missing here...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.