You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo icon deleting pictures/files?

Is there a way to delete/remove pictures I have edited? When you tap with two fingers on the affinity photo icon, it pulls up the “Show all Windows”, “Hide”, and “Quit” etc. in addition to recently viewed photos in JPEG (I hope you know what I’m talking about). I’ve uploaded a picture, hopefully you can view it. How do I delete them? It looks messy and I think it’s the reason why I get a spinny wheel. It also shows the percentage. What does that mean? Sorry this is a full loaded question. 

AD05B040-5E47-45BC-8D91-E5C3F3EC0400.jpeg

Edited by Martisummers

Good that you figured it out but for suture reference, note that the Dock popup frequently will show files that Affinity's File > Open Recent menu does not. This happens when a file has been opened in Affinity & then later deleted. IOW, the Affinity Open Recent list will not show you files that no longer exist but the Dock popup will. If you select one of these 'phantom' files from the Dock, nothing happens, which can be confusing.

It is easy enough to demonstrate this:

1. Open a new document in your Affinity app & then save it to the Desktop. For easy reference name it something like "test delete" or whatever works for you.
  2. Close the file in Affinity & from the Finder move the test file to the trash & empty it.
  3. Note that it still appears in the Dock popup but not in Affinity's File > Open Recent menu.

I don't know if this is the result of a bug in Affinity or just something the Mac OS does that they have no control over, but it has been like this since the very first version of the Mac Affinity apps were released & in every version of the Mac OS I have used them with.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, IanSG said:

That typo had me in stitches!

1326132892_wrongonlevels.jpg.a467ac1c24215949305137f0a8338449.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Oh well, suit yourself!

I once tried to suture myself but it made me too tense -- it left me tied up in knots.

Affinity Photo 

10 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I once tried to suture myself but it made me too tense -- it left me tied up in knots.

Should have chosen something other than pinstripes.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.