You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Save Files in Designer, Photo, and Publisher

@Gabe so sorry for my delayed reply. Unfortunately my computer restarted and I have therefore lost my file in this case. As I do not know what caused the problem I may be best avoiding opening affinity photo files in designer and maybe just import them as jpegs once I have already set a document?

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Unable to save a 1.7 file with history in 1.8) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...

I updated the program today after not using it for a year, then tried to open some files I created a year ago and found I could not save them or save changes to them, both save and save as gave me the same error message reported here exactly.

I didn't have the save history on, and it didn't help when I tried turning it on or off again. No joy at all.

Looked the other posts here and don't see anything that applies to me so, help?

What did you change about the latest version that would cause this?

Can I roll back the program to fix it do you think? 

2 hours ago, salgood said:

I updated the program today after not using it for a year, then tried to open some files I created a year ago and found I could not save them or save changes to them, both save and save as gave me the same error message reported here exactly.

I didn't have the save history on, and it didn't help when I tried turning it on or off again. No joy at all.

Looked the other posts here and don't see anything that applies to me so, help?

What did you change about the latest version that would cause this?

Can I roll back the program to fix it do you think? 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. You have posted in a very old topic, about a different release. I recommend either starting your own topic, or using one of the new topics created in the past week or so.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. You have posted in a very old topic, about a different release. I recommend either starting your own topic, or using one of the new topics created in the past week or so.

Very old? It's not even two years old yet and, the problem seems to be persisting for users! I don't see a lot of resolved complaints either. I think maybe, they need to work out what the root cause is of this issue? FYI when i searched for help on the issue, THIS thread was the TOP of the results, so not only is it where others with the problem will come first, but resolutions to the issue posted here, will be found here first too.

Edited by salgood

1 hour ago, salgood said:

Very old? It's not even two years old yet and, the problem seems to be persisting for users!

The problem in 1.10 is a new problem, I believe. And there are active discussions of it in current topics.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1