You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatically find other missing images in the same folder

When locating missing images in the Resource Manager, it would be great if the Resource Manager would automatically locate other missing images in the same folder.

Example:

My document has 4 linked images:

1.jpg
2.jpg.
3.jpg
4.jpg

They are all stored in the "my images" folder. This gets renamed to the "linked images" folder, so I need to re-link them. 

I use Resource Manager to re-link 1.jpg. After doing this, resource manager will display a dialogue stating "Other missing images found in this folder. Ok to relink?" I can then click "OK" an images 2.jpg to 4.jpg will be relinked without me having to do it manually.  

17 minutes ago, big smile said:

When locating missing images in the Resource Manager, it would be great if the Resource Manager would automatically locate other missing images in the same folder.

Example:

My document has 4 linked images:

1.jpg
2.jpg.
3.jpg
4.jpg

They are all stored in the "my images" folder. This gets renamed to the "linked images" folder, so I need to re-link them. 

I use Resource Manager to re-link 1.jpg. After doing this, resource manager will display a dialogue stating "Other missing images found in this folder. Ok to relink?" I can then click "OK" an images 2.jpg to 4.jpg will be relinked without me having to do it manually.  

Hi @big smile,

if you select 'Yes' from the dialog box that informs you that there are 'Missing Resource(s)' instead of switching to the Resource Manager all files in the same directory are relinked.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

35 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @big smile,

if you select 'Yes' from the dialog box that informs you that there are 'Missing Resource(s)' instead of switching to the Resource Manager all files in the same directory are relinked.

d.

So it does! Although it seems a little buggy, as I had to do a few before it located them. It would still be neat if this was built into Resource Manager.  

4 minutes ago, big smile said:

So it does! Although it seems a little buggy, as I had to do a few before it located them. It would still be neat if this was built into Resource Manager.  

I think the logic behind the current behaviour is to use the 'Yes' button for easy to solve problems where all missing resources are in one location. While the Resource Manager is the way to go for more complex cases. E.g. one first needs to find out which resources are missing and then locate them individually.

But I agree the Resource Manager has room for improvement in this regard 🙂

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Perhaps the dialogue should contain more information instead of repeating the title in more detail? 😅

Instead of »Missing Resource(s) – Some of your linked resource files are missing. Would you like to locate them? (Yes) (No) (Resource Manager)«
something like »Missing Resource(s) – Try to locate linked resources automatically or open Resource Manager? (Yes) (No) (Resource Manager)«

Maybe this could aid in the decision or make it clearer what happens when you click on Yes? 🤷‍♂️

Greetings
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png