You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Larger QuickLook previews (Mac)?

Is it possible to set Affinity apps to generate larger QuickLook previews on the Mac? This is for all 3 apps.

For instance, in Finder when I press the space bar on an Affinity Photo document, the Quicklook window is small - about a 1/3 the size of my screen. The exact same file exported to any other graphics format will fill my screen with Quicklook, giving me a much better preview.

My understanding is that the apps control how their format plugs into the Quicklook functionality. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This is already being discussed on another thread, which tied it together with a request to change the Affinity document format, but was otherwise rooted in a desire for larger previews:

I never asked to change affinity format, I asked to add an option to use PNG with metadata to save source files

On 2/26/2020 at 2:53 AM, Jeremy Bohn said:

when I press the space bar on an Affinity Photo document, the Quicklook window is small - about a 1/3 the size of my screen. The exact same file exported to any other graphics format will fill my screen with Quicklook, giving me a much better preview

I think Finder is getting the QuickLook view from actual image data if the file is not set to provide prerendered preview. This can be slow with large images. That is why JPEG files show large QuickLook previews. 

That said, maybe preview render size could be user preference option. But even small preview is better that no preview at all (like in Illustrator).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was going to post this today and came across this thread. Would really love to have this too. Quicklook was invented by Apple to give full or near full-size image previews however I get really quite small previews and they're not all that helpful unfortunately. Would love therefore to see bigger previews implemented wherever possible.