yan

Can you make the Startup window disappear when I just open a file

When I just open a file instead of open the app first, can you make the startup window disappear since I already decided what file I wanna work on.

Another thing is, I don't get any notice when I get reply about my question, is there any setting I should turn on?

1) Hmm… if I understand you correctly, just uncheck the box in the bottom lefthand corner where is says Show This Panel on Startup.

2) click the Follow this Topic Button top right of this Screen. You'll get an email when someone replies to this topic.

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

> I don't get any notice when I get reply about my question, is there any setting I should turn on?

Check your notification options (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications):

- is "Auto follow topics I reply to." checked?
- are all the notifications you want to get by email set to "Email?

If it's still not working: is the your email address in your profile correct?

> I don't get any notice when I get reply about my question, is there any setting I should turn on?

Check your notification options (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications):

- is "Auto follow topics I reply to." checked?

- are all the notifications you want to get by email set to "Email?

If it's still not working: is the your email address in your profile correct?

Thanks, that works.

1) Hmm… if I understand you correctly, just uncheck the box in the bottom lefthand corner where is says Show This Panel on Startup.

2) click the Follow this Topic Button top right of this Screen. You'll get an email when someone replies to this topic.

Thanks, that works as well.

However, I don't think that's the correct logic. I may wanna keep that startup window since I wanna use their example file to try some features out, but I don't really need that window when I am already have an exist file.

Thanks!  I spent 10 minutes looking at every menu (except closely at that one  :rolleyes:) and searching the forum for an answer.  I'd given up when I clicked in to this.