Old Bruce

[1.8.0.502] XLSX Import crash.

Tried to import an Apple Numbers' generated .xlsx document (I don't have Excel here) and Publisher crashed. Very simple one with some Sum formulas (I read the caveat regarding formulas) and another with no formulas. The version of Numbers is 6.2. I also tried with a Libre generated .xlsx document and the same thing happened.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

Hello, the Hello, the same situation using Excel file (Office 365).  

Only to avoid misunderstandings I have used the command "Place..." or should I follow a different procedure ?
Thank you for your incredible work!
Ciao

Hi,

I've created an xlsx file in Numbers, this crashes on import for me on Mac, I've logged this.

An xlsx file created from LibreCalc (in Windows) silently fails to import, which I've also logged - I've not reproduced a crash here though. Can you attach the xslx file you created from LibreCalc to a post here?

Thanks for the reports

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi,

I've created an xlsx file in Numbers, this crashes on import for me on Mac, I've logged this.

An xlsx file created from LibreCalc (in Windows) silently fails to import, which I've also logged - I've not reproduced a crash here though. Can you attach the xslx file you created from LibreCalc to a post here?

Thanks for the reports

What you describe as a failure to import is what happened here. Also the file was not made in LibreOffice but just imported and Saved As... with a different name. I need to update my LibreOffice suite.

Here is the file Generated in Apple's Numbers, exported as .xlsx, opened in LibreOffice then Saved As...

xl libre.xlsx

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

Ah ok, in which case I reproduced it, I just thought both crashed for you - both are with us now anyway :)

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I also had a crash when trying to Place an xlsx file exported from Numbers (newest version), a very, very simple single table. 

A simple xlsx file from Excel failed to Place as mentioned above -- nothing happened.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS Mojave

Hello, 

Maybe you're interested, today I tried to import an Excel file with the last beta of Publisher, it seems to be ok... 

Ciao

5 minutes ago, obef said:

Maybe you're interested, today I tried to import an Excel file with the last beta of Publisher, it seems to be ok... 

Thank you for this. An improvement has been made in this area, but QA failed the fix as it can still crash/hang in some circumstances. Another fix has been made for the next beta, so please try your files again later in the 1.8.0 beta process.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform