Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is it going to be possible anytime soon to change the appearance of the guidelines? They can be very difficult to see at times and I can see no way to make them a little thicker or change their colour.


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no entries in the current Beta's for Mac or windows to give any of the Affinity products the ability to change the colour of guides yet, and I doubt you will ever get the ability to make guides thicker. 

You can follow the Beta releases in the Beta forums: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-beta-software-forums/


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

There are no entries in the current Beta's for Mac or windows to give any of the Affinity products the ability to change the colour of guides yet, and I doubt you will ever get the ability to make guides thicker. 

You can follow the Beta releases in the Beta forums: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-beta-software-forums/

Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling that was the case. I'm working on illustrations that have blue backgrounds at the moment and the guides are almost impossible to see. Hopefully Affinity will take notice of this post.


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Martigny said:

that have blue backgrounds at the moment

I had the same problem, and needed to use a Recolour filter layer that I switched on and off to complete the design to distinguish Guides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling that was the case. I'm working on illustrations that have blue backgrounds at the moment and the guides are almost impossible to see. Hopefully Affinity will take notice of this post.

Personally it's a given that guides have the ability to be colour changed. The only other option for you at the moment would be to make a layer and draw thin 0.1pt - 0.2pt curves and lock it, the advantage for this is angled pseudo guides.


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Personally it's a given that guides have the ability to be colour changed. The only other option for you at the moment would be to make a layer and draw thin 0.1pt - 0.2pt curves and lock it, the advantage for this is angled pseudo guides.

That's what I have to do. Silly to have to do so though :)


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wosven said:

I had the same problem, and needed to use a Recolour filter layer that I switched on and off to complete the design to distinguish Guides.

I think it's a pretty basic requirement from a design program.


iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, firstdefence said:

The only other option for you at the moment would be to make a layer and draw thin 0.1pt - 0.2pt curves and lock it, the advantage for this is angled pseudo guides.

Alternatively, a suitable blend mode, such as Difference, can be used so that the guide is visible over each color. Just have to always be in the top layer.


Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Martigny said:

I think it's a pretty basic requirement from a design program.

I agree.


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just another of the things you can do in DrawPlus X8 but not in AD.


Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 - i7 6700HQ - 16Mb RAM - 128Gb SSD 1Tb HD

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M 4Gb GDDR5 RAM - 4K Touch Screen

___

Asus N56V i7 3630QM 2.40GHz; 8Mb RAM; 1Tb HD; 64 bit.

Nvidia GEFORCE GT 650M 2Gb: 1920 x 1080

2nd Monitor: Asus ProArt  24": 1920 x 1200

------

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) : 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon : 16 GB 800 MHz DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB : Asus ProArt  24": 1920 x 1200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.