Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Colin_Fredericks

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. No, they're a cool feature but they're for a different purpose. Symbols allow you to make multiple copies of the exact same object in multiple places. If you alter one of them, you alter all of them. For instance, if you're writing a game book and you want to have one particular shape that means "this takes two actions", you could change that from an arabic 2 to a roman II and it would change in every location where you placed that symbol. (Which is great.) What I'm looking for is something that, for example, sets the color and border and wrapping of a text box but allows each instance of that box to have different text inside. If I made my sidebars as symbols, every sidebar would have the same text - unless I "detach" it, in which case changes to the original no longer affect it.
  2. The "esc" trick works for me. Type in a frame, hit "esc" and you've got the text frame tool again, hit "v" and you've got the move tool (pointer).
  3. I've found that having object styles available makes it easier for me to place graphics faster, as I can set a standard text wrap and apply it quickly. I've also used it to create standardized sidebars with simple designs when I don't want to create new graphics for all of them. I've also found a few other features that other folks suggested that I also liked (e.g. book files), so I've been using the "Like" button to indicate agreement rather than posting my own thread or adding more posts to theirs. Not sure if that's the right way to go about this, but hopefully the admins will be able to see that. Thanks for your hard work!
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.