You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I found that my two plug-ins, Topaz and NIK collection, had just disappeared from my plug-ins on preferences.

Re-installed them and the NIK works fine but the topaz gives me a ''Error: launch plug-in failure'' message.

Have re-installed Topaz several times and still get the same message.

Any ideas how to solve it.

Andy

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, with your image open if you go to Filters>Plugins do the plugins appear in this list? Can they be selected from the list, or are the options greyed out? If they're greyed out, what colour format is your document please?

8 hours ago, kernowbhoy said:

With an image open, I can go to Filters>Plugins>NIk Collection / Topaz Labs>Topaz Labs  and then the  ''Error: launch plug-in failure''  !

Are you saying that Topaz Labs is showing up as an item in Filters>Plugins>NIk Collection?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
On 7/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, kernowbhoy said:

I can go to Filters>Plugins>NIk Collection / Topaz Labs>Topaz Labs

Could you please provide a screenshot of your Filters>Plugins menu, as well as a screenshot of the Plugins section of Preferences? Your path provided doesn't quite seem correct to me

I wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that you have also installed the 32-bit version of Topaz Denoise (the directory labelled Denoise\PSplugins without the  _64 suffix). Try removing this directory from the list.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff
31 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I wonder if it is anything to do with the fact that you have also installed the 32-bit version of Topaz Denoise (the directory labelled Denoise\PSplugins without the  _64 suffix)

As unnecessary as having both folders here is, I've tested this same setup here using a Sony ARW RAW file and I've not had any issues launching the plugin with both folders here.

Thanks for your screenshots @kernowbhoy, could you please confirm, did you make any changes between your second and third screenshot? I can see that the image appears to have been cropped, but the file format (according to the context toolbar) changes and your history panel is blank in the last screenshot, contrary to the other two -

image.png

image.png

Do you have any issues running the standalone version of this Topaz app?

Could you please open your preferences panel, remove all instances of the Topaz Plugin - then restart the app and re-add the one folder you need (as John has mentioned above) - restart the app once more then try opening a JPEG (16bit sRGB preferable) and launch the plugin, does this work as expected?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I'm sorry to hear this, could you please try starting Affinity in Administrator mode, then try launching the plugin again? It's likely that one of the two apps can't successfully communicate with the other due to security preferences, but unfortunately I'm unsure which may be 'to blame'.