You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Murfee said:

ooohhhh how wide would the frame/field/box/form/panel need to be for that label???

C12.png.ecc28e83744a785f530b743f670b119e.png

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

1 hour ago, haakoo said:

On the other hand if it were a box we would need a knife tool for it ,is such a thing in the affinity range? :P

It's a One Dimensional Box - No Knife needed.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

8 minutes ago, haakoo said:

On the other hand if it were a box we would need a knife tool for it ,is such a thing in the affinity range? :P

Thats a bit of a cutting comment, a touch sharp for a Sunday :)

3 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

It's a One Dimensional Box - No Knife needed.

One Dimensional, surely that's a circle? Boxes have 4 sides so are surely Four Dimensional 

1 hour ago, Murfee said:

Thats a bit of a cutting comment, a touch sharp for a Sunday :)

One Dimensional, surely that's a circle? Boxes have 4 sides so are surely Four Dimensional 

Ok, this conversation is driving me nuts.....Mmm...a box with 4 sides is a cuboid.  Drawn it is two dimensional.  Now I know I am sounding very intelligent here to cover my tracks , the truth is I'm stuck in a muddy place and have to pretend to know what I am talking about.

1 hour ago, haakoo said:

One dimensional is making a point or to be even more pedantic a dot or a period

Yep, maths is not my strongest point, after googling desperately to find some crude manner in which I could refute your comment and appear to be superior in intellect I give in.

3 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

a box with 4 sides is a cuboid

hmmmm .... a cuboid is a 3D shape. Cuboids have six faces, which form a convex polyhedron. Broadly, the faces of the cuboid can be any quadrilateral. More narrowly, cuboids are made from 6 rectangles, which are placed at right angles.  (Google was my friend here :))

1 hour ago, Chris26 said:

X  has always meant Close Window/box without applying changes in every piece of software from China to the Azores.:)

Except that no app except maybe a few of the most poorly designed ones allow you to close a window containing any changes without first confirming that you really want to discard those changes.

If instead the changes have already been applied, no app I can think of requires confirmation, nor should it. Can you think of any that do? :35_thinking:

Regarding window vs. box, one does not have to be a pedant to notice the blatantly obvious differences that every OS (much less apps) enforces on their appearance & functionality ... although maybe a cup of coffee might help with that. :P

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

This is what you have all done to me..........

FunnyBird_1317.png.375c57a6541e4d76b829d1e454208941.png

24 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

Ok, this conversation is driving me nuts.....

I think perhaps your use of the present tense (the present participle to be precise about it) is a trifle over optimistic. xD

Edited by R C-R
pedantry

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

I think perhaps your use of the present tense is a trifle over optimistic. xD

?  bit lost here RCR

2 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

?  bit lost here RCR

The present tense form of "driving" implies that you have not yet reached your destination, which may be overly optimistic compared to a past tense form that implies you have already arrived.

I myself reached that destination many years ago & rather like it.

Affinity Photo 

3 hours ago, R C-R said:

I myself reached that destination many years ago & rather like it.

Yeah well, my brakes are in perfect working order, plus I have a retarder, so I guess I won't be seeing any nuts for a long long time to come.  I am sorry though for your predicament.:D

7 hours ago, Chris26 said:

Yeah well, my brakes are in perfect working order...

Brakes in perfect working order are not of much help if the operator is not likewise in perfect working order.... xD

Affinity Photo 

15 hours ago, R C-R said:

Brakes in perfect working order are not of much help if the operator is not likewise in perfect working order.... xD

Don't ya aall ride horses in Texas? I mean here, for exercise, we go for a morning jog in the mist and drizzle, but you texans saddle up and chase bulls over a sun scorched plain.  Mmm...so what has this to do with brakes?  Nothing really I suppose.9_9