I took a trial ,but on opening the program was unable to open my files, the instructions were to" press open " and there would be my pics but on pressing nothing happened the computer froze and i had to close it down and restart the whole thing again, i can drag and drop but thats   inconveniant , if i try to use stitch (pan) or HDR  it just freezes,and i stoped using adobe, but at least you get to talk with a real human ,,,,,it helps

Hi @colinlister and welcome to the forum.

Plenty of friendly, helpful and informed users and Affinity staff here, so I am sure you will receive help sorting the issue.

Can you confirm the version of Photo you are using, and also your version of Windows?

Have you tried Opening a file again since the freeze?

Do you have any files in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports ?

To get there, copy the path above. Press Windows key + R, and paste. This should open explorer in the correct location.

You may wish to change the title of your post from your name to something more descriptive of the problem, that way people will be able to help more efficiently.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Also, what kind of files are you trying to open? And how many are you trying to open simultaneously?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

Hi colinlister,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the app. The questions I'd normally asked have been asked by Aammppaa and walt.farrell so I'm just waiting to hear back from you.

Oh and welcome to the Affinity Forums :)