Nessx

How to add a line around an object I cut out

Self-explaining. I cut out an object and I want to add a line around it. Can u please tell me how. 

Not really so self-explanatory without knowing which Affinity app you’re using, what kind of layer you’re working on (vector or raster) and what kind of cutting out you’ve done.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Nessx said:

Self-explaining. I cut out an object and I want to add a line around it. Can u please tell me how. 

Hi Nessx,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you select the layer with your cut out object on and then go to Effects panel the Outline section should do what you are looking for.

Thanks

Callum

5 hours ago, Callum said:

If you select the layer with your cut out object on and then go to Effects panel the Outline section should do what you are looking for.

Assuming a raster based effect is what you want.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

16 hours ago, Nessx said:

Screenshot?

An offset line?

a Stroke?

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr