You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush tool drawing lines (Shift+clicking)

I would love it if there was the option to draw a line segment right from the the brush tool - click once to define the start, Shift+click to define the end point. Subsequent Shift+clicks assume last end point as the new starting point

I've used it in other software (photoshop,manga studio) in the past and it feels very intuitive (to me)

-Fotis

MattP,

Are you sure that this is there and working? It doesn't work for me (at least in Designer). If I choose the vector brush and then click to begin and then shift + click to make the ending point, nothing happens. Is there a setting that I'm missing? This works with the pen tool but not the brush tool. Maybe there is a secret setting that I missed? 

Hokusai

• Staff

Vector brush doesn't have this functionality - only raster brush tools. Sorry, I thought that with the post mentioning PhotoShop and Manga Studio that the user was asking about raster stuff - my mistake :(  No, that functionality doesn't exist in the vector brush or pencil tools at the moment - I intend to revisit those tools anyway as they are very overdue some attention - they need to do lots more than they currently do, so I'll make sure this is implemented at the same time :)

Would you consider to implement *constraining* the (pixel) brush movements to vertical / horizontal direction by holding Shift or another modifier key? I know this has been asked before, but there was no definitive answer …  :mellow:

• Staff

Hi Alex,

I think that when I start looking at improving these tools I'll be happy to try to pack as much useful functionality as possible into them - I'll obviously have a stab with everything I can think of and then if people want something else then I can make the changes while I'm in the area, so not to worry :)

Thanks,

Matt